“Beautiful ”

The Journey Museum & Learning Center
Ranked #11 of 76 things to do in Rapid City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Open all year long! Your Black Hills Journey starts here. The Journey Museum & Learning Center brings together four major prehistoric and historic collections to tell the complete story of the Western Great Plains - from the perspective of the Lakota people and the pioneers who shaped its past, to the scientists who now study it. Providing special programs and interactive learning experiences for all ages is our mission. All admissions are good for 2 days.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Baby buggy parking, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

This museum is absolutely beautiful. It has so much history. So much to look at. My son enjoyed it very much. I would highly recommend you checking out the Journey museum.

All reviews
"artifacts"
"information"
in 27 reviews

Reviewed 5 April 2018

great insight to some of South Dakota insights, grandson did ask them what kind of museum could they be without dinosaurs since SD is a hotbed for fossils

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

We were here on Friday, March 23, around 2pm.
There were lots of parking spaces.
There were very few people inside.
We paid $10/adult; $8/senior; $7/17yo and below. The ticket is good for the next day too.
The facility is clean and organized.
A lot of history however i think we were there during the dead time because there were no activities for the kids and no programs. I think there film showing but we were not able to see it.
It may have been great but we will never know.

Troy K, General Manager at The Journey Museum & Learning Center, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Hi CINDYROSE720 - First of all Thank You for your post! Reviewing it makes me realize we always have to be sure our communications with our guests are taken care of. Actually Activities and Programs are almost always available any given day. Your stated time of joining us would have put you after our Friday, Noon History lunch program (Turtle Soup, not available year around but on this date). Additionally because traffic tends lighter in this month the selection of movies are made available by requests (3 different ones available to view). Additionally we would have had a program later in the afternoon called "Journey Into Space" which uses images from NASA as you fly through the universe. Also fro the kids we have 2 different Scavenger Hunts where they could have "earned" a turtle pin by completing the hunts successfully, these are set up for age appropriate categories. I hope you can come visit us again and we can give you an opportunity to really experience all we have to offer. I feel it is our responsibility to engage you and let you know what is happening and will use this post as a learning opportunity for our team. Thank you!

Troy Kilpatrick
Executive Director
the Journey Museum and Learning Center

Reviewed 10 March 2018

Glad we went to see this place. The staff were wonderful. There was so much history in here. I want to get The Peoples Home Library. It was a really old book in one of the cases that looked interesting.

1  Thank Tina W