All reviews front desk walk in shower room was clean waffles easy access black hills the breakfast area pleasant stay pool and hot tub off the highway fridge and microwave would stay here again biscuits and gravy mount rushmore third floor stayed nights we've stayed
Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

We stopped in for a couple of nights and extended it to three. The stay was great. We were on the run a great deal and this location provides easy access to everywhere we needed to go in Rapid City. Breakfast was usual comfort fare, very convenient, hot, and fresh. The attendant kept everything replenished. Staff was great.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Tamra K, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2017

Thank you so much for your recent stay and 5 star review of your experience at the Sleep Inn & Suites of Rapid City! We work to provide our guests with an excellent experience, and I’m thrilled to see we were able to achieve this for you. I will enjoy sharing your comments with all of our staff. You are right, our location is perfect for touring through Rapid City and the Black Hills! Thank you again for your positive review, and the Sleep Inn & Suites hopes to serve you the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 28 October 2017

Thomas greeted us the minute we walked int the door. He was very helpful and quick to get us registered. He offered suggestions for restaurants within walking distance and a quick drive. Very impressed with the quality of the hotel. Room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was excellent and well stocked. There was a fruit bowl with apples, oranges and bananas right on the check-in counter,

Room tip: We took the top floor as there is an elevator. Very quiet
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Tamra K, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review recent stay at The Sleep Inn & Suites. Our staff takes great pride in the cleanliness of our rooms, and works hard to keep high standards.
We look forward to sharing your compliments with our team as customer service is our top priority and they will be thrilled to have left a lasting impression on you. We look forward to welcoming you back again the next time you visit Rapid City!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 24 October 2017

We enjoyed everything about our stay from the clean rooms, comfy beds, good breakfast and courteous staff. One minor complaint we noticed on our final night when the wind gusts outside exceeded 35 mph - our room windows leaked in air which made for a rather high noise level during the night.

Room tip: Stay on the east side of the building if it's very windy. :)
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Tamra K, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2017

Thank you for the five star review of your recent stay with us! We take great pride in the cleanliness of our rooms and bathrooms. Our Staff works hard to provide great customer service, and we are glad you experienced nothing less. We apologize for the the noise of our intense Midwest wind we were experiencing during your stay. Thankfully the wind doesn't stay long! Thank you again for your positive review, and The Sleep Inn & Suites hopes to serve you during your next stay in the Black Hills.

Reviewed 17 October 2017

Great location with easy access to Freeway yet we did not hear any traffic noise. Indoor pool and hot tub felt great after hiking around Devils Tower, Wind Cave National Park, Custer State Park and Badlands. We also loved Marco's Pizza across the street, and waffles and biscuits at breakfast.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank eriaane
Tamra K, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2017

Thank you for your wonderful review of you stay with us! We are happy to hear we provided a comfortable, and clean home base for your adventures. Our location is perfect for exploring the Black Hills and we thank you for mentioning it in your review.Thanks for choosing to stay with us and we hope we see you back soon!

Yours in Hospitality,

Reviewed 15 October 2017

I came to see Mt Rushmore. My first trip to Rapid City in 35 years and the place has changed a lot. Mt Rushmore is about a 30 minute drive and a must see. No restaurants in the immediate area but plenty just a few miles away. The room was fantastic, large, clean, with a comfortable bed. My only complaint was when I checked in at 4:30 on Friday night, I ask for a room on the 3rd or 4th floor, I was told I would have to wait until after 6:00 to get that. I said I'd wait and was then told it might be 7:00 so I took a room on the 2nd floor in which the view was blocked by the hotel entrance. At 8:00 a bus full of teenagers pulled up, naturally they were right above me. As teenagers tend to do the all congregated in one room, the one right above mine. I understand someone has to have that room but I ask for an upper floor to avoid that, how about giving that room to a late arrival instead of me.

Room tip: Don't get a room with 20 teenagers above you.
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Thank you for taking time to post this review and we are so sorry about the noise issue you experienced during your stay, and that we were not able to accommodate your request at the time you had checked in. We try our hardest to meet our guests needs as much as possible, and we are sorry we missed the mark in this regard. I sincerely hope this will not deter you from returning to The Sleep Inn & Suites to enjoy a quiet, restful stay in the future. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.