“what a delight” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Oacoma
Faribault, Minnesota
“what a delight”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2011

We were treated exceptionally nice desk clerk. I understand that some have complained about stairs and hard beds. However, I found the rooms and beds to be fine and yes there are stairs but they are not difficult. The breakfast was wonderful. I mean who doesnt love waffles??? Our check in went smoothly as well as our check out. Just a note for the veterans traveling in this area, they offer a discount for veterans. That in itself was beyond impressive. How many places do you know of that offer such a discount?

Room Tip: req ground floor if you cant do stairs.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Des Moines, Iowa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2010

I booked our room online and also included in the special request box that we were bringing our dogs. I also tried to upgrade our room with a micro/fridge, because our dogs are on a special diet. After driving 14 hours, I checked in, reception was really unfriendly, no hello, or anything, and asked if I booked online, I said 'yes'. Apparently, you can't upgrade your room if you have dogs, and you're stuck with a basic room. No apology, but told they were booked solid, and I could go find another hotel. We were tired so we took it. The side entry door does not have a keycard entry, but there is a sign stating that it's locked at 11 p.m. You can see people walking down the hallway from under our door. The room was tiny and gross. I didn't even want to walk on it barefoot. The lampshades were broken, we slept on top of the comforters, the bathtub barely drained, and there were many broken tiles in the bathroom. Upon checkout, I asked if I could have a discount because of the room downgrade, without any kind of apology, they told me it was already on the bill, and l was charged for the basic room.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
McCloud69, General Manager at Days Inn Chamberlain/Oacoma, responded to this review, 11 December 2010
As I let all my guest know I take great pride in customer satisfaction, I know I can't please everyone but be assured I will go above and beyond to do so. I do not make excusses I get the problem solved for those who have addressed a problem to me. For your stay I appologize and will follow up with my staff, thank you for bringing up these issues. I hope your future hotel stays are more accomodating to your liking and we will do our best if you decide to stay with us again. I again apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Allen Olivier
GM
DaysInn

Travellers are raving about these Oacoma hotels

NEW YORK
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2010

Stayed here one night. Had to climb stairs to second floor to an average room with basic amenities. Very nosiy plumbing and thin walls. The bed was very hard.

Check-in staff was rude. Iasked after I had checked in if she could put in my mileage program numebr and she said "no." I have traveled roound the world and NEVER had anyone say that they could not put the information into my reservation information. Not many places to eat nearby, an Arbys and an overated tourist trap place about a quarter mile on left outside of front door. Hotel breakfast item selection was sparse.
Do yourself a favor and avoid this place

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. In addition, please know that your comments and issues will be addresses. Its our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Again, I apologize for the incovenience during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit.

Allen Olivier
GM
DaysInn
Brainerd, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2009

The room was lovely and clean. The gal at the front desk was less than friendly, but not rude. The breakfast room was very nice and the breakfast was adequate, but nothing special. The pool and hot tub were very nice and clean. Good price for a nice room. We had a King room.

Al's Oasis, just down the road was a good place to shop and eat from a varied menu, including buffalo. There was an antique store across the road.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
WI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2009

This is a nice, average price hotel. Our room was clean and the bed was comfortable, but on the hard side, which we like. They have a pool and hot tub, a bit on the small side but still nice. It was your average continental breakfast with waffles you could make yourself. The only complaint is that the food preparation area was way to small and crowded. There was only one toaster and waffle maker and way too many people trying to use them. Some people just gave up and left.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oacoma
1.0 km away
34.7 km away
Dakota Winds Motel
Dakota Winds Motel
#1 of 2 in Kimball

Been to Days Inn Chamberlain/Oacoma? Share your experiences!