“Delightful Food, Setting, and Service!”

Deadwood Legends Steakhouse at The Franklin Hotel
Ranked #2 of 64 Restaurants in Deadwood
Price range: USD 10 - USD 35
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Casual Elegance at an Amazing Price.
Reviewed 27 December 2016 via mobile

My husband went here for our anniversary dinner and I was so glad that we ended up here instead of our initial choice! Most meals come with your choice of soup or salad and a side along with your meat choice. Even better was it wasn't just a side salad, it was one of their signature salads!!! That was my favorite part as I tried one with vanilla vinaigrette on greens (including maybe mint leaves), cranberries, pistachios, and feta cheese...wow to how all the flavors complimented each other so well!!! Then I had the stuffed chicken with au gratin potatoes...while this course wasn't my favorite it was good. My husband had the baked potato soup and steak and rice. He felt bad but they even got him a new steak seeing that it was more well done than medium rare. Talk about great service was that on top of that the waitress helped him find the perfect wine that he would like by bringing samples and giving advice. Then we tried the chocolate torte for dessert...wow talk about rich!! It was more like a thick fudge...maybe wouldn't get it again but it was good for the moment! I definitely would go here again...maybe for breakfast next time!

Reviewed 16 December 2016

On December 12, 2016 my wife and I enjoyed another great meal at Legends. I had probably the best filet I have ever had at a restaurant, cooked and seasoned perfectly. The meat was exceptionally tender. My wife had the chorizo stuffed chicken breast and said it was exceptional also. Always a wonderful place to eat with good service and great food.

Reviewed 11 December 2016 via mobile

The food was fantastic! Some of the best steak , salad and au gratin potatoes! The salad options were different which was great but they also had the usual garden type. The place was super busy and the wait staff was very attentive. No complaints.

Reviewed 28 November 2016 via mobile

Beautiful interior! I had the salmon with pineapple Pico. It was very good. My husband had a rib eye steak. He said his was very good. The steak salad was excellent! Would definitely eat here again.

Reviewed 15 November 2016

We ate here twice during our weekend stay, once for breakfast and again for supper! Both meals were top notch! The menus for both meals contain a wide variety of choices. For breakfast I chose Huevos Rancheros and it was excellent. The others with me had the Breakfast Burrito and the Country Fried Beef Tips with Eggs they reported that they were tasty as well.

My choice for supper was Rib Eye. In addition to your entree, a small loaf of bread and your choice of soup or salad and choice of potato are included in the price. I highly recommend the Potatoes Au Gratin, they are a cheesy, buttery delight. The others in my group had the Filet and the Lobster Dinner and were very pleased with their choices.

The service and atmosphere are both excellent. I would recommend making a reservation for supper to avoid waiting for an hour or more because this is a very popular restaurant.