“Best thing about Deadwood”
Review of Howlin Hawg Diner - CLOSED

Howlin Hawg Diner
Cuisines: American
Description: Mainly breakfast items with great rolls. Strange hours, Tue to Sat 6am to 1pm, Fri and Sat 11pm to 3am. Huge portions with great taste. Suggest split plate order for 2 with carmel/cinnamon roll that is larger than your 2 hands placed side by side.Tried 3 different menu items and all were fantastic. This restaurant is recommended by locals to all.
Reviewed 17 July 2013

We had breakfast here after walking around town. The choices for breakfast were numerous and varied. The coffee was the best I had on our trip and was constantly refilled. The wait staff were
friendly and attentive. We loved watching all the different types of people coming in while eating a delicious meal. I am not sure why the last reviewer thought the prices were high here because they were fair for the value received. DON'T MISS THE MODEL TRAINS ON THE LOWER LEVEL!

2  Thank jacki1950

Reviewed 8 July 2013 via mobile

The food was great and is cooked as if it were made in your kitchen. The servers were friendly and chatty. My husbands cup of coffee never went dry, which is a huge plus! The prices were a bit high, but considering they probably have huge bills for their location price can be overlooked as we would rather see our money go to small town business owners than a large chain or casino

Reviewed 5 July 2013 via mobile

I had breakfast with my boyfriend here today. I had the howler and he had the breakfast burrito. Both were amazing and they came with breakfast potatoes that were absolutely delicious. Their coffee is also very good. The service was also very good. I would give this place 10 stars if I could!

1  Thank COgirl84
Reviewed 3 July 2013

This spot only serves breakfast, but it's very good breakfast, especially the Howler. The service was almost too good. I lost count of how many cups of coffee I drank because the waitress was so attentive I would only get about 1/3 of the way into a cup and it was full again. Don't miss out on this place if you visit Deadwood.

1  Thank jjax12
Reviewed 1 July 2013

This place specializes in breakfast and has the most fluffy, dinner plate size pancakes we have ever enjoyed! The service is great and the price is reasonable. This place only opened in August 2011 so it was our first time there but we will be back!