“Good steaks at a price.”

Gem Steakhouse & Saloon
Ranked #13 of 64 Restaurants in Deadwood
Price range: USD 7 - USD 40
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Gem Steakhouse is located on the second floor of the Mineral Palace Casino. Serving breakfast from 7 am - 11 am, lunch from 11 am - 4 pm and dinner from 4 pm - 10 pm. Take a walk through history and join us for an excellent meal in the exact location of Al Swearengen's Notorious 1877 Gem Theater.
Reviewed 20 June 2018

Enjoyed a good meal and great service. It is at a cost however. The meals are very good but are at the $$$ level . I still would recomend it as a stop to eat at.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

Dinner for seven of us. The atmosphere was fine, a little warm inside. Had a steak which was good. The side of peas wasn't what I preferred. Would have liked other options. But service was good and so was the food. Prices are average depending on what you order.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

First of all...BE PATIENT! The food is worth the wait and I'm NOT exaggerating! Also, we recommend making a reservation. We arrived at 4:30pm and were seated immediately but by 5pm people were being told that they needed to come back in an hour or make a reservation for a later time. And, if you get there before 5pm it's Happy Hour with half price drinks! Yipee! So as my husband and I sat there, sipping our drinks and chatting we were a little miffed that 45mins into our dining experience we still had no dinner. My "negative Nancy" was ready to come out but the waitress kept coming by and updating us stating that the kitchen said our order was almost done. When our food arrived we were pleasantly surprised! It was amazingly DELICIOUS! Totally unexpected after our long wait! My husband said that it was the best steak he thinks he has ever consumed and that's saying a lot coming from my "foodie" hubby! I had the half chicken and I must say, I did not know chicken could taste so heavenly! All in all the entire experience was unforgettable and we can't WAIT to go back for more FABULOUS food!

Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

We stopped in for lunch while visiting Deadwood. The restaurant is on the second floor. It was mostly empty but we had to wait to be seated. Then the hostess told us the waitress was in training and said she'd be assisting her. She took our order promptly but it took a very long time to get our food. I ordered the grilled chicken sandwich which came with provolone cheese and applewood bacon and my husband ordered a steak sandwich. We both asked for the house made garlic potato chips. When the food came out both plates had fries on them. We told the waitress we had asked for the garlic chips and she went back to the kitchen. We were finished with the sandwiches by the time she came back with the chips so we took them to go. They were really good, the best I've had. Both sandwiches were very good also. The service was just really bad, she never came by to check on us or refill our drinks. I'd give it another chance if I visit the area again bc the food was that good.

Reviewed 4 June 2018

My wife & I weren't too hungry so we decided to split a steak dinner. We tried their wild (?) sirloin steak. It was quite tasty. As usual, their side dish of green bean was uneventful as in the past. We wanted to try their smoked prime rib, but they only do that on weekends. I tried it in the past & it was quite tasty.

Been to Gem Steakhouse & Saloon? Share your experiences!