All reviews attached restaurant waffle house van drivers chicken tenders free breakfast hotel restaurant sports restaurant first morning clean sheets stayed here for one night newer hotel yogurt comfy bed fitness room flat screen tv off the highway waffle maker
Reviewed 29 September 2017

We too stayed at this Holiday Inn & Suites for 2 nights in order to view the Eclipse 2017.Actually I booked rooms at another Holiday Inn facility months ahead and was informed not many weeks ahead that due to delay in projected renovations they had to cancel our reservation. For several hundred dollars more we secured a room here. Comfort, service, parking all were fine. Our GPS sent us on a tangled web of exits and entrances on & off 1 highway to get to another, just so you know. Unlike some hotels off the highway, this one was actually within walking distance of a few eateries, drugstore, etc. We wanted to put in a plug for the restaurant given we rarely expect much from a hotel restaurant especially if its billed as a sports restaurant. We had drinks and dinner meals for $60. for the 2 of us. My husband who is very picky about burgers was very pleased with the BBQ Bacon Cheddar. I was equally pleased with the citrus grilled salmon and complemented the chef when he happened to walk by.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
00gc, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Columbia - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post your nice review of the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Columbia-Airport. We are glad to know you liked our proximity to various places and had an enjoyable time with us. We hope to welcome you and your husband again whenever your travels bring you back here.

Reviewed 29 September 2017

I stayed at this hotel while attending a three day training in Columbia. The owners and staff were incredibly nice and accommodating. My room was spotless and roomy! Coffee is available in the cozy lobby and free cookies at the front desk are nice touches. The breakfast was hot delicious with scrambled eggs, bacon, waffle maker, yogurt, breads, pastries and fruit and FREE! There is a small indoor pool and a workout room. Rocking chairs are out front for a relaxing setting for the end of the day or for your start of the day. I can't say this often enough, EVERYONE here is so very nice and helpful! You will not regret staying here!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Chanee B, it is a pleasure to read your fantastic review about Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Columbia-Airport. We are delighted your training brought you to us and that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay with us, especially our clean facilities, helpful staff, and delicious breakfast. Your feedback is the best performance measure we have, and we appreciate you letting us know we are succeeding. Thanks for being our guest, and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 5 September 2017

We stayed here for one night in a King Suite room the weekend of the eclipse. Our room was clean and plenty of room for 4 of us. We used the pool and it is small but only us and another family at the pool at the time so it was great. They said they were booked for the eclipse but we also found parking in their lot with no trouble. At check out they gave us gift bags for the eclipse with viewing glasses, water and snacks which was a nice touch.
Only downfall was the restaurant the front desk gave me free meal tickets for the kids which was great. It took the waitress 20 minutes to come to us after she sat us down to take the kids orders. By that time I had already gone to the buffet to get food for myself and started to give them some food from there. Then it took another 30 minutes for their food to come. By then they were over sitting in the restaurant and ready to go. I asked for their food to go. The bill came with both their meals on the bill even though they should have been free. After 20 more minutes of them not being able to figure out how to take the meals off the bill and just charge me for my food they told me just to go and not worry about it. We had been in the restaurant for almost 1.5 hours and I needed to pack up and check out. lf the restaurant had been crowded I would have been more understanding, but there were only a handful of people in there. We would stay at this hotel again, but not both with the restaurant there.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
00gc, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Columbia - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2017

Thank you for being our guest at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Columbia-Airport and for your review. We are pleased to know you and your family enjoyed the time with us and that your well-appointed suite and the facilities we offer made it even better. Nevertheless, we are sorry for the service issues you experienced in our on-site restaurant and regret the inconvenience it caused. I will be sure to share feedback with the concerned team, and we will use it as a training tool to improve our performance. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you all better in the future.

Reviewed 28 August 2017

The most important part of any hotels stay for me is the bed. The bed at the Zholiday Inn Airport in SC was great: not too soft, not to hard with great pillows, sheets and comfortable.

There was a restaurant at the hotel which we ate at the first night. It was a little out-of-date looking. The chicken tenders came with fried potato chips which were too greasy. The tenders were so so. We both liked the chicken. Quesadillas but they were also a little too greasy for someone not from the south.

We were among quite a few visitors in Columbia to see the total eclipse of the sun. Everyone we met in Columbia, including at the hotel, extended gracious southern hospitality.

I would definitely stay there again if in the area.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
00gc, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Columbia - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Thank you for choosing to stay at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Columbia-Airport. We are delighted to know our location was convenient for your needs and that you both were impressed with the comfort of your room. However, I am sorry we missed meeting your expectations with the food we serve. I have shared your concerns with my Food and Beverage team to see where we can make improvements. Thanks again for being our guest, and we look forward to welcoming you both on your next visit!

Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

I liked this hotel. The staff was friendly and helpful. The in-house restaurant was good for supper with pub food and a full bar. I thought the breakfast buffet was a little pricey considering there's a Dennys and Waffle House across the parking lot. The fitness center was well equipped, maintained and clean. Parking was abundant.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
00gc, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Columbia - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2017

Thank you for sharing a nice review of the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Columbia-Airport. Service and facilities are our best assets that we can offer to our guests, and we are glad to know you enjoyed your time with us. We look forward to welcoming you again for another memorable trip.