“Delicious food, great prices, and fantastic service”

Old Bank Christmas & Gifts
Ranked #7 of 64 Restaurants in Walterboro
Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

Lunch at the Christmas shop is just about perfect. Everything I’ve tried has been delicious. It’s clean. The service is quick. And their customer service can’t be beat! Southern hospitality at its finest!

It’s a no-fuss menu that is mostly sandwiches and salads. They do have soup, as well. They also have a huge variety of coffee flavors. And. . . Homemade cookies!

One of my favorites is the tuna salad with a slice of cheddar. The chicken salad is also divine.

For just $7.50, you get a sandwich with your choice of breads, condiments, and cheese; a bag of chips; and a cookie of your choice. Oh, and you can have the sandwich cold, toasted, or grilled.

Of course there is also the shop, itself. (The restaurant is in the back of the store.) It’s Christmas all year! They have just about any shape ornament you can think of and will customize them for free. There is also a section devoted to the nearest upcoming holiday. But Christmas is the big focus.

Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

So this is my third time in this "darling" shop. My daughter and I drove a little over an hour and a half just to visit this shop, and others to start buying seasonal gifts. When we arrived, I politely asked to use their restroom. They said it was in the back, as we were both walking to go use it they said "one at a time" "it's the law", ughm okay.. she's my daughter I didn't think there was a "law" where two people can't be in the same bathroom.. anyways I told my daughter to go ahead. As I was waiting in the hall way, the woman then said " you can't stand in the hallway either, it's the law". So I took a few steps out of the hall way, and she replied "you can't stand in the dining room either, it's the law". Might I add, there were only two people sitting down. I could see if the dining room had been packed, but no one was in there! I was beyond words! Who says that? How rude! Here I am waiting to use the bathroom, and you keep saying "it's the law", who's law?! Yours?! I waited for my daughter, in another room, trying to hide from these strange people, and when my daughter walked up I to me I said we need to leave. You do not say that to customers. This shop, let alone this town honestly lacks "southern hospitality". The only people that greeted us were the people at The Artisians Center. I just couldn't believe that even happened. Might I add, their ornaments that come from China- are priced ridiculous. You just lost two customers.

Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

Met with family and friends for lunch and they were sold out of the soup. There were no kids options for a meal and $7 for a grilled cheese sandwich is a bit much. They were having a special of lasagna that day and when I asked about it was told it was home-made. It was frozen not home-made. Charming store but over priced, Amazon has better deals. So much for small town restaurants. Plan to be back in town in June and will check out other restaurants.

Reviewed 19 April 2018

We enjoyed the hospitality here. It wasn't fancy food, but it was EXCELLENT. And you HAVE to try their cookies. Really, they make you take a cookie :) Loved the people there.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Saturday afternoon and half the shops are closed for Easter or just because it's Saturday? Easter is tomorrow and we're here with NJ guests looking to spend money. Lots of others from small towns around the area out for a day trip with no place to spend their money either. I don't even decorate for Christmas but this is a very fun quirky store/bakery and cafe. The staff is welcoming, funny and as opinionated as we were. We have had lunch here which is nothing complicated but good and reasonably priced.
It's a bit like some small town British tearooms.
Our friends enjoyed it a lot and saw items for gifts they were not previously familiar with. The shop is crammed to the rafters and in every nook and cranny with regular and unique items at all prices for every holiday.
We have lived in 3 southern states so far and for some reason, charming towns like Walterboro don't seem to understand tourists and explorers needs. Most people work regular 5 day a week jobs and want to explore and shop on weekends but throughout the south, the tradition is to close at noon or two on Saturdays and not even be open on Sundays and this attitude is what has driven the success of stores like Walmart.