“Great Southern Cooking off I-95 at Walterboro SC”
Review of Olde House Cafe

Olde House Cafe
Ranked #4 of 62 Restaurants in Walterboro
Cuisines: American
Description: Been there for years, very good home cooking. Open for B/L/D.
Description: Been there for years, very good home cooking. Open for B/L/D.
Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

Great lunch buffet with excellent choices of Southern cooking - meats, vegetables, desserts and sweet tea. The succotash was worth seconds!

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Such great food! Heading up I-95, stopped at this exit. The husband wanted fast food; I spotted this place. Glad we did. Fall off the bone ribs. Great service too. Southern comfort food.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Seriously good food. We had the seafood buffet on a Friday night. The banana pudding topped it off, Friendly server too
The WiFi’s nothing to brag about but the food was!

Reviewed 19 March 2018

After driving 9 straight hours, we were tired and hungry. Checked out trip adviser and from what we read and looking at the menu, it looked like a good spot. It is a small restaurant located in an old house so easy to determine how they came up with a name. We were there on a Saturday evening and they had their seafood display. The prices were very reasonable, the buffet was kept filled. I ordered a meal from the menu and again the portions were quite plentiful. For our tastes, the food was on the plain side but if one is looking for good, plain food, they this would be a good choice.

Reviewed 2 March 2018 via mobile

A few years ago, as we were traveling south on route 95, we pulled into the Olde House Cafe in time for lunch. We really didn’t want a buffet but, oh my..., we got it and, though it was small, it was fantastic. It just happened to be a Friday which is their BBQ Buffet Day. We just couldn’t wait to eat here again sometime.

We made one mistake. That was that we didn’t write a note with the name and location thus we couldn’t find it on our next couple trips.

Fast forward to this February 2018... we were again heading south on 95 and pulled off for a bite to eat, only this time it was for breakfast. As we pulled up to the Olde House Cafe, we realized that we have once again found this gem of a restaurant.

We had a very good breakfast with excellent bacon and I was blown away by the home fried potatoes. They were truly incredible and I strongly recommend that you try them. My only complaint was that they didn’t have real half&half for my coffee.

This time I grabbed a business card as we were leaving so that I know we can find this gem again in the future.

Note: it’s a small little mom & pop restaurant that’s not fancy in anyway so don’t let the look full you into passing it by.

1  Thank 57RRoberts