“A pleasant surprise in this ordinary town.”

Carmine's Trattoria
Ranked #1 of 62 Restaurants in Walterboro
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

A list at the motel on the edge of town included this place, and I thot Italian sounded good for a change. It was !
Friendly folks, nice décor, quick service (I dined before the dinner rush hour). My seafood plate was yummy. No complaints at all !

Reviewed 1 April 2018

The restaurant is cute but all the rest is cheap. The decoration on the table is a flower in the water but the water is dirty. We were there on saturdy we can't take pizza and veal. Il we want to split our plate we have to pay 10$ more. Too much dressing in the salad. The bread was not fresh. Old fork. The price high. I will not recommand this restaurant. It's so sad that the receptionist refered us this restaurant. When we arrive it was write on all the table "reserved" but I think it is an "arnaque". We bought a bottle of wine at 19$ dollars but on the bill they charge 21$. We have to check your bill. so don't go there, try to find an another restaurant.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

We saw this restaurant in the hotel directory and decided to try it. We ordered the spaghetti marinara and rigatoni bolognese. Both were excellent and the portions were huge. Two dinners, a glass of wine and a beer was $45. Dinner was enjoyable enough to plan on a stop again next year.

Reviewed 21 March 2018

My Husband and I entered the restaurant behind 2 people who had reservations. The Hostess/Server greeted them happily and told them they would be seated shortly. We waited and waited for someone to say hello. We waited and waited for someone to ask us something, but were totally ignored. We know that they were busy but that is no excuse. Just tell us that without a reservation they could not seat us and we would have thanked them and left. When we walked out the other party had not been seated.

Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

In historic downtown, this place is a quirky blend of Italian music, nice tables and walls with the original office tile ceilings and chandeliers, mismatched tablecloths, and a photo wall. It seemed like I was forgotten, then the food came and it was wonderful. Good portions. Good garlic bread.

Here’s the thing though, management: if you’re a local, you get individualized service and lots of attention from at least two staff members. If you are not, you are left to your own devices.

I would encourage management to remember that while their main client base might be locals, non-locals also have the potential to be repeat business, or not...