“Great Pub”

Barrel House Grille
Ranked #16 of 63 Restaurants in Walterboro
Reviewed 17 September 2018

Excellent steaks. Seafood is lightly battered or grilled. Homemade fried mushrooms and onion rings and potato chippers. Friendly staff and great bartenders

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

Outside is not much but we came on our way to Asheville. The food is out of this world. All the locals come here. Our waitress Samantha said I’m gonna take me on a tour there are four other rooms. Cornhole and sand outside. There’s a really cool dart room. And the service fantastic. You’ll love it!!!! Great prices!!!

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

This is our second time in the Walterboro area and our second time visiting the Barrel House. The first time that we visited last year we only had drinks, this time we ate dinner there. We went there on a Monday and on Mondays it's buy a burger get a burger free, so my husband I each had a hamburger. The hamburgers were pretty good, they were better than what I was expecting. They did take a little while to come out of the kitchen and they really weren't that busy but other than that it was good. Their steak fries are very good and they also offer homemade potato chips which are my favorite. However, they were way too salty, we actually brushed the salt off of them in order to be able to eat them, other than that they were delicious and so thin amd crispy. Our server Kristen was always checking in on us and made sure we had everything that we needed. If we are in the Walterboro area again, we will definitely visit the Barrel House again and hopefully it'll be on a Monday

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

The steaks were cooked as we requested but very overly salted and the first glass of white wine was not very chilled. Sides were just so so. After complaining, the second glass was cooler because our server asked that they put the bottle on ice. Our server was pleasant and tried to make things right. The most upsetting thing was at the end. Paid with a credit card and when the receipt came, my name was at the top with other pertinent info but at the very bottom was the name of a friend we had had a previous dinner with at the restaurant several months ago. The manager said that there must have been a customer who paid just before we did with that name. I checked with our friend and they had not been there since we all dined together a few months ago. Looked in our local phone book and there were no other listings for the same last name. Appears that they are retaining credit card info on customers. I see no need for them to do so, and can't image they had sufficient security to protect my, or others' credit card information.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 22 May 2018

It's surely not the honky tonk I THINK it used to be. My husband and I were pleasantly surprised. I don't remember our servers name, unfortunately. But, she gave us very good service. Ordering the fried mushrooms from the appetizer menu is a must!

Date of visit: May 2018