“Hidden gem”

Add it.
Casual Water at Tega Cay
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 10 January 2015 via mobile

I write this with reservations because I hate waiting and if the word gets out then this place is going to explode. Being that said it is not fair to hide excellent things and keep them for yourself, they are meant to be shared. We have become semi regulars on Friday night and with a few missteps this place is spot on. First the menu it is insane like your favorite dream concoction pizza(flatbreads), sushi, salads, sandwichs soup and a staple of entrees. Just to name a few plus the golf course bar/ snack bar menu too boot! Something for everyone. My first trip was one of those nights I did not know what I wanted so I got wings Caesar and a flat bread. The Caesar is awesome and I highly recommend. While I can get better wings and flatbread elsewhere the other three guest may not want that which is a unique attribute of this gem. Last night had a pork ribeye very unique. The wife had the crab salad and raved. My neighbor trys the soup often and did I mention we had a egg roll for appetizer. Insane. Oh yea the homemade hummus is a must do. Another great feature is the one half entrees just perfect when you want to try so many other things on the menu. Service has suffered when they are super crowded but I forgive and forget! They try hard and succed almost all the time. I could go on and on but I think you get my point just don't go on Friday we sort of like to keep that one!

Reviewed 8 January 2015

This is one of my favorite places to eat. They have half sizes of all of their fine dining entrée choices for people like me that don't eat a lot. Their Pan-Seared Scallops are never over done and perfect each time. The sushi is top-notch, I still haven't eaten anything better and I eat a lot of sushi. Some of my favorites are the Firecracker and the TNT roll. I am so glad they have changed their dessert options to homemade cast iron desserts along with the classic NY cheesecake. They have a full service bar and a full service banquet, where I got married at as well.

Reviewed 19 November 2014

I went there with friends for supper on a Friday night. The menu had a decent range of offerings, but the food was only mediocre (both in preparation and in presentation). The room was noisy (it did not help that the parents of two young children at a nearby table did nothing to stop the kids from running all around the restaurant all the time that we were there.) The worst part of the experience was that about six times while we were eating one of the workers who were cleaning the carpets in a nearby meeting room walked the length of the restaurant (from the maitre d's desk into the kitchen) with buckets of filthy dirty water. I am not certain that was a Heath Code violation, but I can assure you it did nothing to improve the dining experience.

Reviewed 10 October 2014

We're so happy to have this place in our town. The food and drinks are very reasonable and tasty as well. The Sushi is excellent and beautifully presented. Wonderful casual ambiance on the deck with very helpful and friendly wait staff. The Bar is nice too, only the acoustic is awful, maybe some additional soft fabric materials on the windows would dampen the jarring echo bouncing off the hard walls?

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Tucked within the Tega Cay Golf Club with minimal signage, it's easy to miss this place. However, you should make every effort to find it. Fresh ingredients comprise their menu items, and the sushi is wonderful. I loved that they offered large and small portions. It's nice for sharing dishes, or good if you don't have a huge appetite.

Both indoor and outdoor dining are offered here. Our waitress, Kristi, was extremely efficient and friendly.

We plan on many more visits to Casual Waters!