“Gem in our new home town”

Shuckin' Shack Oyster Bar
Ranked #6 of 283 Restaurants in Summerville
Price range: USD 11 - USD 25
Description: Specializing in Fresh Steamed and Raw Seafood (Oysters, Shrimp, Clams, Crab Legs, Mussels) Voted Best Seafood In Summerville!
Reviewed 14 July 2018

We just moved to Summerville, South Carolina. The people that formerly lived in our home recommended this place to us. We went two Friday nights ago. My wife, daughter and granddaughter were together. Place is small and loud. We had a bit of a wait. My daughter loves oysters on the half shell. She had a dozen and wings. She said both were outstanding. My wife had a 1lb lobster special for $17 and it was a big hit. My granddaughter had steamed shrimp and I had fish. We took first available which was outside. Nice but lots of flies. Next time I would wait longer for the inside. This is a gem in our new home town and we will be back often without a doubt.

Reviewed 4 July 2018

Made first visit to Shuckin' Shack today, so glad to find this spot less than an hour from our home in rural SC. Liked everything about the restaurant-rustic decor & super friendly service. Beer was cold-that's always a plus. Husband & I both had the peel & eat shrimp-big thumbs up on flavor & prep. Shrimp were super fresh. We spend alot of time on the Gulf Coast of Florida & are really picky about our seafood. For our area in the Low Country of SC, these shrimp were really, really good. Plan to make more visits to the Shuckin' Shack-anxious to try their oysters & other menu items. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 3 July 2018 via mobile

This was our first time at Shuckin’ Shack. We’re visiting our daughter’s family, and my wife was craving seafood (before we get stationed in Germany). We looked at TA and found this place. The food rocked!! My wife had the combination poboy, our daughter the shrimp poboy and I had the cold crab dip. All of them were great—bread was outstanding, great seafood coating, etc. darn it!! Wished we’d found this place years ago! We’d DEFINITELY come back and recommend it!!

Reviewed 30 June 2018 via mobile

First time visit and was very pleased. Excellent service and food was great. Good prices and portions. Specialty drinks and raw oyster shots as well. Great atmosphere and enjoyed the entire experience!

Reviewed 25 June 2018

Food is great. Atmosphere is fun and bartenders and servers friendly. Recommend calamari. And oysters