“Excellent casual dining for soup and sandwich”

Ladles Homemade Soups
Ranked #48 of 279 Restaurants in Summerville
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 27 December 2016

This was my first visit to any of the 8 Ladles locations in the Lowcountry. I was greeted as soon as I walked in the door.The restaurant is very open and bright with paintings and framed photograhy for sale decorating the walls. The restaurant was clean and all of the employees pleasant and smiling. There were two unisex bathrooms that were also very clean and all necessities available. I mentioned it was my first visit and the menu on the wall above the counter was explained to me. Samples of soup were offered to me to aid in my decision. I settled on the soup special of the day, a shrimp jumbalaya, accompanied by half a turkey supreme sandwich. The meal is paid at the time the order is placed at the counter. Very shortly the meal was brought to my table.

The soup was a typical jumbalaya with generous amounts of sausage and shrimp. The soup was deliciously and moderately spiced as a jumbalaya should be and with excellent proportions of ingredients and broth. A pumpernickel bread roll was served on the side. The sandwich was delicious as well with thick turkey slices and melted Swiss cheese fresh lettuce and tomato and mayonnaise.

This restaurant really served it up well on a cool damp day with hot soup and sandwich. I highly recommend this restaurant for families and casual diners.

Reviewed 19 July 2016 via mobile

The food: excellent. The service: excellent. Customer Service: above and beyond. Atmosphere: excellent. Yes I would definitely be back and would recommend my friends.

Reviewed 12 March 2016

It's just nice to eat real food once in a while. I love the chicken salad and usually get a sandwich with a side of soup. So many to choose from! I have not had one I did not like.

Reviewed 18 February 2016

I really like this place because of the variety of soups and sandwiches they serve. I have several favorite soups.

Reviewed 11 January 2016

My wife and I are "foodies". We visited Ladles on Saturday for the first time. The store was 80 degrees inside, the person behind the counter had, as my wife said, "an attitude". A customer recommended the buffalo chicken soup to me which I ordered. My wife loves Panera Tomatoe Soup so she tried Ladles "homemade" soup. We also ordered a grilled cheese sandwich for $8.00. Before we could use our credit card, we had to choose a tip amount (15%, 20%, or 30%). This is not a sit down restaurant where you have a wait person bring you drinks and take your order. Really? A mandatory tip?. The food arrived fairly quickly. The $8 grilled cheese was two slices of american cheese on two slices of plain white bread. Both soups were almost uneatable. We ate the grilled cheese and struggled to finish 1/2 our our soup, it was a $26 lunch. We will not be back. Ironically, on the way out, we were stopped by a couple who had never been there either. We told them to move on.