“Must try the Frogmore Chowder”

The Obstinate Daughter
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 8 May 2016 via mobile

The Frogmore chowder is very good. I had the pasta with red chili, asparagus and garlic and it was excellent. It is a bit pricey. The decor nautical oriented. Would definitely go here again.

There are newer reviews for The Obstinate Daughter

Reviewed 8 May 2016

We visited our daughter in Charleston and she said she heard great things about O/D. We had a wonderful time with the waiter and the food was terrific.

Reviewed 5 May 2016

We had Brussels sprouts, geeche Frits, the old danger, and the gnocchi, it was all incredible! They really know how to please and service was right on point!

Reviewed 5 May 2016

I have dined at The Obstinate Daughter two times now. Both times I ordered the pappardelle pasta and sausage and the hummus for an appetizer. I may appear to not have an adventurous palate, but rest assured they were both so good how could I go wrong ordering them again? If it ain't broke, don't fix it! On both visits my friends ordered other items including pizzas, gnocchi, and specials of the day. There was never a complaint among them. It is a very busy and popular place so make reservations well in advance of your intended visit. My only negative is the a la carte ordering. I would prefer to get a small salad as part of the pasta entree but everything must be ordered separately. I still highly recommend but understand the menu is a bit funky so just know that going in! Lastly, it is worth noting that the Obstinate Daughter has one of the most amazing wait staffs around -- highly knowledgeable on the menu selections, prompt and accurate service, and ever cheerful. For the staff alone I would give it "6" stars!

Reviewed 4 May 2016

Excellent choice for a dinner not in Charleston. Always busy but always good. Staff is friendly and food excellent. Good choice of seafood (as expected) and wine to match. Service could not have been better. Parking is a challenge but that just means a short walk. A very good choice if you are anywhere close to Sullivans Island.