“Nasty and disgusting”

Rodeway Inn Expo Center
Ranked #25 of 31 Hotels in Spartanburg
Reviewed 23 August 2017

Do yourself a favor and do not stay in this hotel. The pictures of the facility, pool, and rooms must be photo shopped. It was so dirty. The front of the bathroom door in our room had been smashed in and the back had graffiti on it. The bathtub had about 2 dozen cigarette burns on the side where people had left their cigarettes burning. The bottom of the bathtub was stained and dirty. We were afraid to shower in it. The carpet was filthy. The bedding had cigarette burn holes in it. I was looking for a cheap, clean place to spend the night. I wasn't expecting new or even nice, just clean. This place made me nauseous.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

Rooms are nasty feet literally black walking from bathroom to door . Hand towels were stained orange and my 1 and a half year old woke up from sleeping on pull out sofa bed with a used condom. Staff was rude told me I couldn't take breakfast to my room for my children or I would be charged extra. Hookers drug addicts. Walked out my room with my 7 year old daughter for her to witness a bj going on in a car right out my door. Completely shocked DO NOT STAY HERE. Save your money . I would sleep under a bridge before here.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank kbouton
Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

Found this place right off interstate. Burger King on one side, McDonald's on the other. Smelt clean when walked in. Bed was soft and clean. Ac worked but was noisy. Tv kept going in and out. Good hot strong shower. Breakfast was nothing. Cereal and toast.milk and juice. Price was bout right at 75 dollars on Friday night.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 May 2017

NASTY Room Bathroom was DISCUSSING.
Also could not find my reservation.
Never been in a room that had bathroom this dirty. Towels clean but old. Wouldn’t come back again .
For a CHOICE hotel it should have been much better.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 May 2017

The place was absolutely frightening. Knew immediately it was a mistake but really had no recourse t that point. Cars with flat tires in parking lot. Furniture beat up, splinters on arm chairs. Sheets appeared clean but has various staining. On-going "domestic dispute" downstairs, until 4 AM, Slept with desk blocking door and mde my escape at 4:45 AM

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Z4488RPpaulk
sanjay s, Manager at Rodeway Inn Expo Center, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2017

Thank you for your feedback and I apologize for your experience at our inn and I wish I would have known of this sooner while you were a guest here. The comfort and security of our guests is our top priority and we take any and all concerns very seriously. Our entire team here takes all action to make sure that we not only meeting our guests expectations but exceeding them as well. We will continue to do so and hope you will provide us an opportunity to show you that the next time you are in town.

Travellers also viewed these Spartanburg hotels
0.4 km away
Comfort Inn & Suites
#9 of 31 in Spartanburg
12.2 km away
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Spartanburg North

Been to Rodeway Inn Expo Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Rodeway Inn Expo Center

Address: 2070 New Cut Rd, Spartanburg, SC 29303-4747 (Formerly Spartanburg Red Roof Inn)
Region: United States > South Carolina > Spartanburg
Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet (WiFi) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #25 of 31 Hotels in Spartanburg
Price Range: $66 - $86 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — Rodeway Inn Expo Center 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, getaroom.com, lastminute.com.au and Evoline ltd so you can book your Rodeway Inn Expo Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Spartanburg Red Roof Hotel Spartanburg