“Light on armosphere”
Review of Zamorah's

Zamorah's
Ranked #32 of 122 Restaurants in Simpsonville
Cuisines: Contemporary
Description: The BEST "Food for the Soul " we have ever had! The fried chicken was hot, crisp, moist and beyond delicious. I had the cornbread, homemade, moist and wonderful. The mashed potatoes and gravy were as good as my mother ever made. My husband had the meatloaf with a side of mac and cheese and cabbage. We almost argued over his mac and cheese-it was so rich, creamy, and cheesy I wanted to eat all of it! The meatloaf was moist, tender, and full of flavor. Service was excellent and the cake we had for dessert was divine! This is a MUST stop for lunch and was locally rated "the best meat and 3 sides in the Upstate" and we believe it! This place will be a favorite of ours!
Reviewed 18 January 2017

Houston we would try a local place for,lunch. Us, it's local,alright. No atmosphere. Service was ok. Menu is a board with no prices. I would say it's just a place with food. Nothing more. Won't be returning.

1  Thank David W

Reviewed 17 January 2017

We wanted to try something different for MLK, Jr Day so I found Zamorah's on TripAdvisor. The food was very good. Most fried, but that's how we like in the South. Veggies were fresh cooked. My wife's a potato salad junkie and she gave their "2 thumbs up". Fried chicken tasted like it was cooked in cast iron skillet, forgot to ask. Wife likes her pork chop fat crispy and it was not. Good service, business slow. Everybody in resturant discussed football (Dallas, Clemson). Overall, very good. I'd like to try again on a busier day - I think it would be better.

Reviewed 15 December 2016

We decided to visit this place after reading the reviews and we were not disappointed. The atmosphere there is cozy and quiet. The food is delicious and they serve portions that are ample. The fact that they serve homeless people is a great gestor. They have a variety of different meats and veggies to choose from and it changes daily. They do not have a menu to hand you but a chalk board that they write the menu on and they bring it to your table and let you decide what you are in the mood for that day. I too was surprised that they are not more busier then usual. I have told several co workers about this place and they all agreed that it served great food. The only negative thing I can say is that the fried chicken was a little too done for my taste, almost burnt but everything else is great.

Reviewed 15 November 2016

Fried chicken is made to order so you will wait a few minutes. If they have fried green tomatoes then order them! They are the best I've ever put in my mouth!
The trick to getting a great meal here is knowing what to order. This is a typical meat and three but some things are only so-so. If you aren't southern then you probably won't like the meat loaf. Southern cooks put a lot of sugar in the glaze and I don't care for sweet food. Servings are small but you will leave with a full belly.
My rating reflects a 4 for the fried chicken and fried green tomatoes. Everything else I would give a 3.

Reviewed 23 October 2016 via mobile

The people that waited on us were very friendly. The food is about as good as it gets. I highly recommend zamorah's.

Thank A.j. W