All reviews local points of interest indoor pool usb outlets curved shower rod sofa sleeper flat screen television yogurt sized bathroom free hot breakfast microwave and mini fridge the breakfast area boiled eggs room was large free wireless high speed internet bed and pillows would recommend this hotel to anyone choice hotels
Reviewed 22 August 2017

Perfectly nice Comfort Inn, Rooms were clean, breakfast was sufficient, staff accommodating in spite of being full to capacity with eclipse watchers. Due: I think, to the confusions generated from so many guests (and more calling or trying to get a room constantly) there were a few mix-ups, but nothign that the staff did not sort out.

Pool is indoor, small but would be fine in normal times. An roofed seating porch are off the breakfast room is a nice touch.

Convenient to several "Cracker Barrel" tier restaurants, a WalMart, etc.

VERY close to the highway, but I did not note any traffic noise in our room.

Small grassy lawn out front suitable for gathering to watch an eclipse, but I don;t think any more are expected any time soon...

Room Tip: Back rooms (even numbers?) are facing away from highway, if noise worries you. But in a front room, I never noticed any noise.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

This Comfort Suites is clean, comfortable, has a pool, and you cannot beat it for the price. Rooms have all the amenities you need -- refrigerator, microwave, iron and ironing board, hairdryer, and a very comfortable bed. In addition to the inside pool, there is a well equipped exercise room. If you're traveling on a budget, this is the best place to stay.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2017

Fully-satisfactory stay and good value for the quality and location of this facility. Everything is quite new and this adds to the comfort level. The breakfast is well-done and also good value. One word of note: The web shows this as a pet-friendly facility, but it is not.

Room Tip: lower floor is very convenient to the lobby.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2017

Let me just say that the 1st room had not one, but two black widow spiders.
My kids and I were in town for a sporting event. As my daughter was sitting on the bed, she was attacked by a beetle. So I killed it. After that I said, "Well at least it wasn't a spider." Then i looked up and what do you know. There was a spider in the wall (webs and all). Next I began looking around, and there was another one in the adjacent corner.

I called the front desk, and they gave me another room. I showed them pictures, and brought the dead beetle to the front desk. Two days later while down in the breakfast area a saw another spider running towards me. I killed it, and let the clerk know. He seemed disinterested, and just replied, "OK, I will let them know." Really!!!

NEVER EVER AGAIN!
HORRIBLE!!

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel, unless you love bugs
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

My family stayed at this hotel on the way to Asheville and were very pleased. Rooms clean and spacious and breakfast very good. I would recommend to anyone looking for a place to stay in this area. Access from the highway was very easy and the staff were all very helpful and pleasant.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family