“Adorable Easter Time within a beautiful scenery...”
other travellers have booked this property
The Coach House Holiday cottage, overlooking the riding arena
River side spa, next to bbq area and comfy seating, overlooking the River Forth Games room with cinema, snooker table, table tennis & gym
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
The Coach House Holiday cottage, overlooking the riding arena
River side spa, next to bbq area and comfy seating, overlooking the River Forth
Games room with cinema, snooker table, table tennis & gym
Kitchen and seating area
Master bedroom
Master bedroom
Living room with double grey sofa bed, just in view
Cosy chair to watch over your private garden
Living room with stairs behind up to second bedroom
Chickens.....looking over the chickens....
Bathroom
Main door, looking out over the riding arena and lovely garden wall
Refreshements at the seating area, next to the spa, overlooking the river
Just time for a quick dip
Private enclosed garden, next to our 4 girls (the chickens)
Chicken house - they still prefer the trees
Our girls
One of our two boys...
Sun setting over the river bank, next to the spa
View down the River Forth from the horses field
Stirling castle view from the horses field
Long drive way up to the house, tucked away in the trees by the river
Summer days, drifting away... from one of the fields along the drive
Sun setting over the Trossachs
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
77Magda_L...
Birtley, United Kingdom
“Adorable Easter Time within a beautiful scenery and relaxing amenities”
Reviewed 8 April 2015 for a stay in April 2015
person found this review helpful

We had a great, relaxing and joyful time spent at the Coach House. Surrounded by nature, we had a chance to spot some rabbits, deer and roe as well as many birds. After exploring the area, we could relax and take a rest in the jacuzzi watching the stars on the sky.
The owners horses were very friendly and our daughter enjoyed them most. She overcome her fear of touching one.
The place is also great base for escapes,- about 10 minutes to see the Sterling castle, some waterfalls and other castles in the area as well as some nice paths for walking.
Next time we definitely need to stay for longer to make the most of our visit.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
8 May 2015
Thank you for the lovely review - we are looking forward to you coming back
Ian M
Beith, United Kingdom
“Lovely Cottage in great location, with fantastic Hot tub”
Reviewed 19 March 2015 for a stay in March 2015

We booked the cottage for a week as our daughter had a placement at the nearby Blair Drummond Safari park. The location was perfect, only 10 mins drive from the park, and 15 mins at most from the centre of Stirling.
Our party consisted of my wife , our daughter, and myself, our adult son joined us for the first few days.
On arrival we were greeted by Ross and Helen, and shown round the property, everything was spotless and looked new and to a high standard, we have paid a lot more for less well equipped properties over the years.
The cottage has the double bonus of an extremely large games room, with full size snooker table and projection home cinema, and Hot tub located a short walk from the building.The view of the night sky(when clear) from the Hot Tub is amazing.
This Cottage would be our first choice if staying in the Stirling area.
thank you to Ross and Helen for making our stay both relaxing and enjoyable.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Hot Tub
Liked least: Scottish Weather
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
7 Apr 2015
You're welcome! Hope to see you all again soon.
Sarah C
“Top place, great owners.”
Reviewed 19 March 2015 for a stay in March 2015

We went for a girl's weekend away. Couldn't have picked somewhere better! The cottage sleeps 6 but 2 should have been sleeping on a sofa bed. On arrival the owner offered us another room to use for showers and an additional double bed. Hot tub was bliss! Location is quiet but Gargunnock is close enough that we went out for a meal on the Sunday night. We wanted to stay longer! The owner even offered us use of the games room and got tub on our leaving date until we were fit to drive in case we needed it. We'll hopefully be back again!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
7 Apr 2015
Thanks so much - really glad you had good time :)
Christian...
“AMAZING!”
Reviewed 11 March 2015 for a stay in February 2015

We can not recommethis place highly enough. We loved every second of our stay, the house was beautiful, the hosts are fabulous and the surroundings are so peaceful. We can not wait to go back!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
12 Mar 2015
Thanks so much - look forward to your next visit :)
Sharon H
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Miserable weekend”
Reviewed 4 March 2015 for a stay in January 2015

This cottage looked gorgeous on line and in reality it was lovely to look at but I have never spent such a miserable weekend away in my life!

Arrived here on the 30/1/15 in a group of 5 women looking forward to a girlie weekend. We arrived about 3.30 on the Friday afternoon on what I think was the coldest weekend of the year so far only to find the heating wasn't even on, we had to go and get the owner to come in and put it on. She also showed us how to boost the system, which we had to do frequently as it seemed to turn itself off all the time. The owner also brought in a convector heater which we had to keep on all the time.

The living room was pretty small for 5 of us even though it's advertised for 6. On that first night we all sat huddled with layers of clothes on and throws and blankets wrapped around us it was miserable. I suffer from asthma as does another friend who was there and we coughed all weekend. I felt so ill with the cold I spent most of the day on the Saturday in bed. I had to sleep in fleece pj's dressing gown and socks!.

I had the beautiful double bedroom to myself but the draw back to this was that the only bathroom in the house was in fact an en suite to the double bedroom. There was access to the bathroom from the hall but the door kept sticking and the others kept having to go to the bathroom via my room. This isn't the worst of it though, the ensuite door in the room was the Louvre style door which meant the occupant of the bedroom heard everything that went on the bathroom, definitely not pleasant for either me or my friends having to use the bathroom when they knew I was lying in bed!

We could only get 1 shower worth of hot water as well so we all couldn't shower, really not acceptable!

Other gripes we had were that we we supplied with one toilet roll ( for 5 people for 2 days), no tea towels or kitchen cloths or washing up liquid. We did text the owner asking for these things on the Saturday morning and she appeared at the door at 6pm with a 2 pack toilet roll and a dish towel. We later discovered she had replied to text saying that the things were not normally provided and that guests should bring their own!

This was not a cheap couple of nights and we definitely felt we were short changed! I also had to attend the hospital on my return home with my asthma which the doctor said had most probably been acerbated by the extreme cold in the house, as it was so cold and damp and I still haven't recovered!

Th hot tub was great but a bit far from the house in winter months.

When we handed in the keys my friend expressed her feelings on how cold the house was but was not received with any great concern but told 'well the cottage was only really meant to be for family to use!'

This cottage is very aesthetically pleasing however, my advise is only go there in the height of summer, otherwise you might end up with pneumonia!

Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
11 Mar 2015
Having happy guests is our priority and I am sorry in this instance we did not achieve that. I am very sorry that you found it too cold and that this aggravated your asthma. Outdoor hot-tubbing in -4 degrees is not for the faint hearted! Heating controls are in the house and guests are free to re-set them to their preference.

We have tried our best to give a full description of the property and again I'm sorry if you found the living room snug. The 50 foot long games room with TV, is a space where we hope bigger groups can spread out.

The bathroom can be accessed from both the hall and the double bedroom, in order to make it flexible for the different types of parties we have staying, from couples to families. Thank you for your feedback on the door, we'll have a look at it.

I hope your friend received back the property I posted back to her that she left behind and I hope your good health has returned.

Kind regards, Helen
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing