All reviews room was clean sausage biscuits opened the door next morning bagels morning staff these folks free breakfast fridge and microwave staff was very friendly and helpful would stay here again king bed one night stay off the highway razor comb motel
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

I would not rate this Motel a 4. The room was large and the bed was comfortable. The TV came in like it was hooked to a bad antenna. I don't know exactly how to rate the housekeeping. The room wasn't dirty but it also didn't feel clean. It just felt kind of dingy. The bathroom was pretty and had been redone. The toilet was broken though and wobbled precariously. The shower was very good except that the shower curtain was too short and water spilled all over the floor. The evening staff person was abrupt. The daytime staff people were very friendly. The breakfast had a sausage biscuit, a scrambled egg patty, bacon, all of which was cold and needed to be heated in the microwave. There were lots of cereals. Their were assorted breads including bagels, and my husband was pleased that there was peanut butter. The motel rate was pretty good. So all in all I would give this a 3 and it's up to you whether you think that the room is worth the good price.

Date of stay: April 2018
Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

The Southern Lodge right off The interstate in St Mathews road is a great basic place to stay. Clean, comfortable, has breakfast and is priced right for providing the basics although a bit old fashioned. Decor is basic and I’m not looking for anything but a good place to sleep so this works well for us! Manager is friendly in the morning. They come around from the desk to open the door when they see you echoing southern hospitality. Breakfast isn’t fancy but has the basics: cereal/oatmeal, eggs, bacon, bread, sausage/biscuit, juice, coffee, tea, corn muffins. I wish they had some Danish or blueberry muffins but that’s okay. There is enough variety to get you going. I think it will be our go to midway place on trips to FL. Btw, while you are there, stop at FATZ for Calabash Chicken, 40+ flavors of milkshakes at CookOut (haven’t tried the other food yet) or go shopping at the Kimlor outlet which has firsts and irregulars of various company’s sheets, towels, throws, bath mats, pillows, bedding sets and sometimes fabric. I picked up lined drapes (42” x 84” panels) 2 for $3. Such a deal! Brands like Bone Collector, Browning and others you see at places like Cabelas.

Date of stay: March 2018
Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

Stayed at this motel with my family for a large event in town. Booked over a month in advance. When the event was postponed due to weather, the owner agreed to honor the price that I paid for the rescheduled date. Checked in late with no problems. They give you tickets for their continental breakfast in the morning. We showed up to an employee who met us at the door and told us that since we booked through a third party site, we didn't get breakfast. She did offer coffee. She told us that the night worker was new and should not have given us tickets. She was quite the gatekeeper and met the next gentleman at the door and told him that he couldn't get breakfast either. She met me at the door the next morning as well fit checkout. She had a smile on her face, but just an unwelcoming demeanor. Our room was clean, comfortable beds, efficient maid service, and overall great price. My thought is that if you paid for the service, you should be able to eat. It was a simple breakfast buffet, nothing extravagant. We opted for Chick-fil-a instead.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 17 January 2018

Just what we needed..... clean, comfortable room, friendly service. Room was nice and quiet. Stopping through on way south so happy to have found just what we needed at an affordable price. Staff is very accommodating.

Room tip: Non-smoking room near the back is nice and quiet.
Date of stay: January 2018
Reviewed 20 December 2017

This motel was very clean and had all i needed. Extras are provided at no cost, like free toothbrush & paste, free safety razor and shaving cream, a comb and other accessories, as well as soap, shampoo, conditioner and hand lotion.
Although the receptionist in the evening was not very friendly, the morning staff made up for it by providing a packet with a $5 off coupon for next visit as well as some mints.
I was also pleasantly surprised by the breakfast. They had the usual items; toast, cereal, etc. But they also had bacon, scrambled egg patties, sausage biscuits, French Toast, yogurt, etc. Pleasantly surprised.
Highly recommend. Prices were very reasonable, although one can get a discount by reserving a room on their own website, which I failed to do.

Date of stay: December 2017