See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

I wanted something with character, with the feel of the southern beaches I grew up with. This place was perfect. Retro with clean comfortable rooms right across from the beach . Reminded me of my youth. If you want to step outside the giant beach resort box this is the place to go. Friendly staff with great southern charm.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Sharon H
Reviewed 8 August 2016

I needed to check in much earlier than check-in time and they were so gracious about that. They had the room ready and turned down the air for us. This was so unlike the next hotel we stayed in that was a big chain, more professional spot; they were very rigid. There's something to be said about small-time motels.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Matt I
Reviewed 28 July 2016 via mobile

Unless you like COCKROACHES in your bed, I would not recommend staying here.

The owner got upset because we made a ruckus trying to kill the cockroaches sleeping with us and threatened to make us leave.

He insisted they were palmetto bugs (aka American cockroaches) and that it was our fault they were in the hotel because we left our door open. Mind you it was 100 degrees and we actually wanted our air conditioning to stay in the room. So he was not only rude but a liar.

We checked out the next morning and insisted WE apologized for killing the bugs in the room and being upset that they were there!

I would not recommend this place for the owner is very rude and unprofessional. And the whole hotel in general isn't that great either.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jessica M
Reviewed 24 July 2016 via mobile

We didn't make any reservation on this trip ... We drove around and the only available hotel at that afternoon was High Tide Motel. It's very closed to beach at walking distance... Great ! You get what you paid for ... The front desk guy was very friendly and helpful !

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 May 2016 via mobile

My boyfriend booked this place bc his cuz said to look into it. So we did and the staff is really nice. They said to call if arriving after 11 which we did. We broke down and didnt make it till the next day but they call and check on us cause they saw we didnt check in. Thought that was really nice. It was across the street from the beach. The rooms were simple as 2 beds and a tv and microwave but everything we needed

Date of stay: May 2016