2,516 results
All reviewsacross the streetwasher dryer combopool areaocean frontmurphy bedparking garagelazy riverthe kitchennorth towerliving roomgreat resortbedroom oceanfronthigher floorrecommend this resortnorth myrtlethree bedroomfamily vacation
Reviewed 9 November 2017

We came to this gem last second. Literary made the reservations as we was packing. And boy we are so glad we did. We didn't realize it was in the middle of bike week, but this hotel was still amazing! We had a great time here. The room was large and comfortable. We ended up extending our stay to miss some of the bike week traffic that was leaving. The staff was amazing, the food was pretty good, the drinks where well made, and the property was kept up. We will be back!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank stezoo97
JimEg, General Manager at Avista Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2017

Some last minute decisions are the best, glad we were! Hope you make many more last minute trips and they all end up well for you. Come back soon.

Reviewed 7 November 2017

I was here on business. I did not have a reservation and the clerk at the check in desk was very friendly and helpful. She could see I was a little stressed and said don't worry lets get you a nice room so you can relax. From the time I checked in the staff was very friendly and helpful. Room was very clean. The lobby and halls were always clean. Security was always around and answered any questions you had. Upon check out they even took me across the street to the parking deck in the golf cart so I would not have to carry my luggage.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank bdru22
JimEg, General Manager at Avista Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2017

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for noticing our wonderful staff. We appreciate your taking the time to write about your stay and do hope you return.

Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend took me here so he could propose we went to see my son and Fort Jackson after we left here I loved Avista so much that I am taking my honeymoon here I can't believe how beautiful it was my view for my Suites the room everything was just lovely

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Michelle R

Congratulations! We are so happy for you and grateful we will be park of your future together. We hope to see you each and every anniversary for at least the next 40-50 years...

Reviewed 3 November 2017

I have stayed at Avista several times in the past and have always been happy with our accommodations, so was very surprised to be so terribly disappointed this trip. I called directly to the hotel and booked the room well in advance and was very specific that I needed a room with a roll-in shower, and handicap bars around the toilet. I clarified three times with the young man I was speaking with, to verify that this was the room I was getting and then ask that he make a note on the reservation, since I had some bad experiences with other hotels in the past. When we arrived Oct 25th, the first room we were given had no handicap accessibility at all! I ask the young lady at the desk, if the reservation did not specify a room with a roll-in shower, and she admitted that it did say handicap at the top of the reservation, but had no other information and that there was none of those rooms available, nor would any be coming available for the next 4 night of our stay. They did change us to another room that apparently was considered handicap accessible. It had one rail above a very tall bathtub, and wide doors and was on the second floor! So I am not sure why anyone would consider that handicap accessible. My daughter is in a wheelchair and does not walk, so how was she supposed to get on the toilet, levitate? More concerning, how was she supposed to get out of the building if there was a fire? We ended up going to Lowes and buying some items to make the room suffice and my daughter only had two falls while we were there. Mostly, we just spent our time away from the room, because the room was not compatible with her needs; so much for a relaxing vacation.
Now you would think the management of Avista would have been concerned, but there was no evidence that they even cared. The girl at the front desk was nice enough, but made it very clear that she mainly wanted me to go away and bother someone else. She never apologized for the incorrect room, and actually told me it was MY fault the room was wrong because I booked a room incorrectly. The manager, who was sitting in the back, never came out, he let the girl at the front desk run between him and me, relaying messages back and forth, and no one ever called during our entire stay to see how we were fairing or if there were any steps they could take to make things better or easier. I went home from my vacation both frustrated and exhausted! It was very disappointing and I will be sending the general manager a letter by snail mail to express my concerns and to make suggestions for change. Avista, overall is a nice hotel, and I have never had this type of experience there before, I just hope they learn something from my comments and treat the next handicap customer better.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Wanda S

First off I want to apologize for all the issues we should have been able to make sure you received the unit you needed and as you had special needs this should have been communicated better so we were able to work with you or let you know if we could not. I will discuss this with our staff as we need to be aware of how miss communication affects our guest stays and work harder so these situation do not occur.

Reviewed 1 November 2017

This is our 3rd year to visit in October. It is so peaceful and quiet without a lot of kids running around. Our room was very nicely decorated and the staff was very friendly. We were in the North Tower so we were able to see the sunrise every morning. Indoor pool and lazy river could have been a few degrees warmer. Nice getting to spend time in the outdoor hot tubs without a lot of people joining us. We will are looking to go back again this winter. Love the location and the resort.

Room Tip: North Tower will let you see the sun rise if you are on higher floors, Wouldn't pay for ocean front in the fall, ocean view is nice
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cynthia r
JimEg, General Manager at Avista Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2017

Oct is a perfect time to get away and so glad you decided to do so and chose our Resort for your romantic weekend. We look forward to your many getaways to the Avista in the future and hope to see you back real soon.