See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 May 2018

We decided to just do a last minute getaway and visited south caroline. The motel was clean and along the beach. The weather was slightly cold but the sun was out and we enjoyed walking along the beach. Over all an Ok visit.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

My husband and I came down Friday night around 9 for the weekend. We usually always plan ahead but this time we decided to wing it and get a room upon arrival. After not being able to find any vacancy we came upon the red tree inn. I’m not gonna lie I was a little weary at first. We called and the nice man in the phone said they had vacancy and it was $78 per night, 2 night minimum. We go in, he offers a smoking or non smoking room. We asked to see the room before paying. Remember we were desperate. We were willing to pay up to $250 a night for a room at this point. We go into the room and it was very outdated, but it was a room. You could tell that it looked and appeared to be clean just dated. I just wanted to sleep someone that didn’t have bugs. This place is awesome, nothing to brag about, but it worked. Remember it’s dated but it’s clean. I would suggest this place. We felt safe and it was very quite. We paid after taxes like $174 for the entire weekend!! I was very happy with our stay.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Cjones420
Reviewed 1 November 2017

I have stayed here many times and love it here! The motel is what I call a classic beach motel and rooms are always clean and they are quite this is a solid built motel. The staff is nice and housekeeping is friendly also. It has hot tub and pool and just a few steps to the beautiful beach. You can walk to nice places to eat and gift shops also.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank david h
Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

Came with my daughter for a spontaneous weekend at the beach which was really just Saturday afternoon and a one night stay.

The best feature is the fact that it is beachfront and I can open the balcony door and immediately see beach.
That's pretty much where good ends and icky begins.

Simply put- pictures lie. The place is an antiquated dump. Furniture in lobby is old, outdated. There is this matted and dirty red carpet that is everywhere... carpet at the beach? Not sure when or if bedspreads get washed so that immediately gets pulled off the bed.

Hey owners- invest some TLC and lots of $$ and this could really be a great little hideaway. Oh- change your logo so the tree doesn't look like a gun.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Carrie B
Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

Some update needed but fair for the price with an ocean view. Morning front desk clerk (I think was the owner) was very friendly and informative about the surrounding areas. It also seemed the be a safe area. ;)

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple