See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 September 2016

We were looking to go to the beach and take our two Mini Pinschers. I honestly didn't have high expectations but I was pleasantly surprised with La Quinta of Cherry Grove. The front desk staff was always very helpful and pleasant. The room was very spacious, clean and comfortable. The beach was a short drive away and had free public access parking. Amazingly, the motel was fairly quiet to have a lot of pets there. Only one time did we hear a dog barking when the owners were away.The only negative comments I would have are that the air conditioner was quite noisy during the night. Also, the breakfast was only carbs except for the yogurt. I am diabetic and a boiled egg would have been nice. Otherwise, we had a wonderful time.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
lqnorthmyrtlebeach, Webmaster at La Quinta Inn North Myrtle Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind words. I’m pleased that we could be your pet-friendly hotel of choice in the North Myrtle Beach, SC area. I hope we can serve you many more times in the future. Our goal is to provide a great experience for two-legged and four-legged guests, and it’s humbling to see such kind words that indicate we’re doing a good job.

Reviewed 15 September 2016

Usually book LaQuinta wherever we go - disappointed - this one older and definitely needs remodeling. Not the cleanest either- did not pass my inspection but only stayed one night so just dealt with it. small breakfast selection and chose the safest - cereal .
Beds and pillows so bad did not sleep well at all.

Room Tip: choose a different hotel
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m terribly sorry that we failed to meet your expectations in some ways. We take real pride in this hotel and believe that pride shows in everything we do. I’m disappointed that we could not satisfy you, and I hope you will try us again in the future. We’re always working to make the guest experience better than ever before.

Reviewed 13 September 2016

The hotel was nice and we were happy with our room. It was a suite with 2 beds and a couch which was plenty of room for all of us. Clean room and comfortable beds.

The hotel had a pool too, even though it was a little on the small side. Then again, since the beach is only 10 min from this hotel, you probably won't be spending much time at the pool...

Breakfast could have been better. Although La Quinta hotels in general offer only continental breakfast, some of their hotels offer a better breakfast selection than others. For the price of this hotel, I was expecting a better selection.

I would like to mention that Anita, who took care of the breakfast area, was very nice and helpful.

Overall, a good stay.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind words. I’m so pleased that you found us a Nice and pleasant place to stay and that our amenities were to your liking. Breakfast staff was inform about your comment. We take real pride in this hotel and in serving guests like you, and I’m extremely happy that you had such a pleasant stay. We look forward to having you with us again soon.

Reviewed 12 September 2016

Trouble and confusion about existing reservation began upon arrival which was delayed because there is No Sign on busy street indicating entrance to hotel. Then the room....a disaster with the worst of the worst in terms of old decrepit mattresses which would be better used by jailers housing condemned prisoners or by funeral directors buying mattresses used in coffins which have yet to generate the the first complaint. Room very dingy. That complimentary breakfast is a joke with quite insufficient quantities served. This allows them to say they are serving breakfast when in reality it's just a bit more and a bit above being a total scam. We could not leave fast enough!

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m sorry that several issues combined to make your stay less than desirable. We take real pride in offering the best possible guest experience, and I understand that we let you down. You can be sure we’ll do better for you next time as action has already been taken related to your comments. Nothing means more to us than providing a pleasant guest experience.

Reviewed 29 August 2016

Room was warm, damp and clammy feel to it. took a while to cool.Had odor of mildew during the entire stay. Found live roach on the bedroom floor. Mattresses and beds very uncomfortable and out of date. Pull out coach was rusted and falling apart.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m sorry that several issues combined to make your stay less than desirable. We take real pride in offering the best possible guest experience, and I understand that we let you down. You can be sure we’ll do better for you next time. Nothing means more to us than providing a pleasant guest experience.