2,417 results
All reviews baywatch resort lazy river oceana resorts the kitchen murphy bed ocean front parking garage living room indoor and outdoor pools golf trip pools were clean nice resort family vacation off season spring break north myrtle washer and dryer
Reviewed 15 January 2018

My wife and I had reservations for 12/30/2017 - 01/02/2018 3 nights. We got down around 1:30 pm on check in day. The lady at the desk told us our room wasn't ready but she would call us when it was. We left to go eat so around 4 pm we had not got a call so we went back to the hotel to find about 25 to 30 upset people in line. I didn't get upset, there were enough people doing that. I realize it isn't the front desks fault but boy did they catch it from some people. I waited in line for an hour, reached the desk and was told my room was in "final inspection" and they will call me as soon as it is ready. One hour later they called me up and we got our room, it is now around 6:15 pm. The desk didn't give me any reason they were behind and I didn't ask, figured i could not fix so the reason didn't matter but I did hear someone say some of the house keeping staff call off. Was disappointed we didn't even get as much as a "we are sorry for the inconvenience". I did notice that check in time doesn't say 4 pm anymore but it now says "check in after 4 pm" so I guess they are covered. Wonder if we had stayed 2 hours past check out they would have been OK with it? LOL, yeah right... I like the hotel and location so we will go back.

Room Tip: 604 is a nice room
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rickey H
OceanaResorts, Marketing Manager at Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this feedback. We did experience some issues with regard to staffing over the holiday and are so sorry this caused you to have your check in time delayed. We have been carefully evaluating our policies with regard to time off requests and are working hard to ensure this does not happen in the future. Again, we apologize and look forward to having you back soon.

Reviewed 12 January 2018

Went for 7 days between Christmas & New Years. An oceanfront, 3 BR suite. Family trip (my 85 & 80 year old parents & my Sister & I). Paid for the full Service Treatment and the "stocked room" expectations. The kitchen had bare minimum, with some basic missing (Room #1215...maybe they are just starting at renting it out?).
With the exception of 2 days, out of 7, I had to call the Front Desk and ask if anyone was coming to provide service for the room ... you know, clean towels, making the beds, maybe run a vacuum or sweep a little. I called after 3:30p and sometimes as late as 4p. (**NOTE: Called this late because we are out of the room between 9a and 3p each day) The front desk personnel seemed surprised that I was calling but said they'd check. Within 30/45 minutes of my call about service, someone from housekeeping showed up ... and always at disrupting whatever we had started to do. Every one of them (EVERY ONE OF THEM) asked "Do you need service?" 2 of the days, the Lady who worked our room left a pile of clean towels on the sofa ... for Us to divvy up amongst the 3 bathrooms. Seriously???
Very Disappointed with this and we probably won't stay there again.

Room Tip: Don't let them place you in Room #1215 ... it is not adequately stocked.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
OceanaResorts, Marketing Coordinator at Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2018

We are terribly sorry for the service you received. We have shared this feedback with management and are working hard to ensure that our housekeeping staff provides better service in the future. Please accept our sincere apologies.

Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

So reading everyone’s reviews that said they had bad service I thought I can deal with someone being rude but it was worse than that. So called early in the day for an early check in, when we got there around 230 our room wasn’t ready but they said they would call us telling us it was ready. Of course that never happened. When we came back to the hotel about 330 Nisha said our room was ready. We headed up only to find the housekeeper was still cleaning our room. We went bk down and Nisha said the machines were down and it said clean.Fine. So we wait in lobby with other upset guests for about 40mins then we approach front desk again and she tells us the housekeeper is just washing windows and we can head up to our room. The room still isn’t clean and there’s trash in one of the bedroom floors and housekeeper wasn’t in the room. We called for a manager to come to the room as we head back down. When we get down, the fire alarm goes off so we’re stuck in the cold for another 30-40minutes. When we finally get bk to room one of our keys doesn’t work and the night manager is behind us. He offers us free food at his restaurants for our troubles. That wasn’t satisfactory to us because we bought our own food to cook for our trip. He did however arrange for us to get tickets to the wax museum. Fine. The room actually is a very nice room.So the next day after the housekeeper comes,we notice one of those plastic cups with what looks like drink from our refrigerator left out on the dresser. We NEVER used those cups b/c we bought our own SOLO cups. Another family member disgusted by this and feeling violated called down to the front desk. They said they would send someone to do an investigation but of course no one showed. The next day of our stay, we get no new towels, we have to call down to get them and they take forever. So basically I and my entire party will never stay here again. Like every once else said, they provide minimal supplies to cook with, they don’t provide adequate dish or dishwasher soap. Lady at the front said you can go to the dollar store and get it or buy at the gift shop for $4. What kind of hotel is this? Even low budget hotels provide these basic necessities.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
OceanaResorts, Marketing Coordinator at Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2018

We are terribly sorry for your experience. We take this feedback very seriously and have shared your comments with our entire management staff so we can improve in the future. Our poor performance is unacceptable and we are working hard to solve these problems. Please accept our sincere apologies for your visit.

Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

We stayed for the week of Christmas till New Years Day. The room was clean and ready when we arrived. We did book thru a travel site, but had no issues with that. Our room was managed by Oceana. The room was clean and well stocked. Their was an issue with the keys at first, but once maintenance came and fixed it, we didn't have any more key issues. Parking is a bit of a hassle, but I prefer to walk a little further to have room to park. I used the 4th level on the deck just so there would be less cars around me. All of our questions were handled by the front desk in a timely manner. The room wasn't perfect, but the only issues were mainly nothing that a little paint touch up wouldn't have fixed.
The only complaint we had was that during the slow season the hotel doesn't enforce their front parking lot rules. The front lots have signs that say loading and unloading, 15 min only. This was not enforced during our stay. So when it was time to come or go, when we were getting ready to leave I had to go get the car(which I didn't mind doing) and sit in it and wait in it, because there was no where to park at the building. If they had been enforcing their own rules, I would have had some where to park and load and unload. Please look into this it would have greatly helped our overall stay. The only other issue was the indoor lazy river had an excessive amount of chlorine in it. My wife's skin was irritated when she was the pool, which has never happened at any other hotel. Overall great stay and would stay there again.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
OceanaResorts, Marketing Manager at Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2018

Thank you for your holiday stay at Bay Watch Resort. We are thrilled to see this five star feedback and truly appreciate the time you took to let us know about your stay. Your comments are very important to us and are used to evaluate our service. This review has been share with our management team so we can take a look at our parking policies. In terms of the chemicals in the pools/lazy river, these are closely monitored and adhere to strict standards set by our local health department. I'm sorry to hear that your wife experienced skin irritation. Again, we thank you for your stay.

Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

The Bay Watch had a great location in NMB. It was very clean but lacked any luxury. After check in, it took three trips back to the check in desk to get a key that worked. They finally had to get a maintenance man there to reprogram the lock on the door.
There is a galley kitchen between the bedroom and living room. It had just the basics but no toaster. Plenty of utensils for breakfasts in the room.

This is a great place for a few days. I cannot imagine staying here for a week in the summer.

We were in building one and the 6th floor. It did have a great view of the ocean.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank par8headwv
OceanaResorts, Marketing Manager at Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2018

Thank you for choosing Bay Watch Resort for your recent stay in North Myrtle Beach. I'm sorry to hear that you encountered issues with your door not working properly but am happy our maintenance team member was able to fix it. I have shared your feedback with our management team so we can address our deficiencies.