See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 April 2018

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham
Tina M, Guest Relations Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham North Charleston SC, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Talisha was great checking us in. The first room that we got smelled like cigarettes, Talisha then moved us with no problem and told us if that is it was an issue with that room to just call her. It was not. After checking out I saw that I was charged twice for my stay. I called and spoke with Renee, she took my name and phone # and stated that she was put the message on her managers desk. No call was receive from the manager all day nor the next. I then went back to the hotel and spoke with the manager who was very augmentative and would not bother to look at my bank statement that I had pulled up on my phone. Only that it isn't his fault and to call my bank to resolve the issue. I would love to give 4 or 5 stars but the property manager is extremely rude and needs and course in customer service.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

tesak83,

Thank you for rating your recent experience at our hotel. It is always our goal to be as helpful and accommodating as possible and to treat our guests as we would treat our families, thoroughly I do apologize for the issues that you were charged twice and especially that we were unable to take care of that for you right away. We can't wait to show you how we continue to improve based on feedback like yours.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for a month and every person that we had dealings with were professionals, considerate and accommodating. Only had one cleaning issue that was taken care of right away. The breakfast people were clean and efficient. I would recommend this hotel and would also stay here again

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

John M,

Thank you for sharing this heartfelt review of our hospitality and accommodations of Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham North Charleston SC. We are delighted to hear that you had a great stay and that you are strongly recommend us for other travelers. We hope to impress you again during your next visit and we thank you for sharing your
experience.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

We rented 5 rooms, out of the 5 they all had to be recleaned by us. I actually went and bought my own cleaning supplies + broom and mop. The table tops still had rings on them from the Previous guest. Floors were extremely dirty. ( don’t walk around in your socks) Dishes were dirty and still put up in cabinets -all had to be rewashed. They have a list of the things that are supposed to be in your room 4-forks 1-frying pan etc. along with how much they are going to charge you if they go missing. I didn’t start off with all that on the list so I better not be charged. For a one week stay for 2 people you get 3 wash cloths and 3/4 towels. I came in from work one day and the maid that was suppose to have cleaned the day before but didn’t had been in there and took the sheets off the bed and had left and left my door open. I was there for a good 30 minutes before she came back. Someone could have walked right in and stolen anything they wanted. A few days later I had 6 hamburger sliders in my freezer and 3 went missing. I felt like the staff must have been coming in my room when I wasn’t there and it sure as hell wasn’t to clean. Out of the 5 rooms 2 had no heat 1 had no air conditioning, 1 had no hot water for a day or 2 and 1 toilet overflowed. That’s ridiculous in my opinion. Very bad management. One day we came in and I’m pretty sure someone had smoked in the bathroom but again still didn’t clean anything. Other guest were smoking weed right out in the open and I heard some of them trying to find some good cocaine.
It’s really sad that this place is run like this. I was over charged ( charges only said pending but I have a credit card so it did not hurt me but the others checked in with debit cards and even if it is only pending it hurts them ) the charges were anywhere from 1600.00 to 94.00 I really have no idea why. I think they do it just to see if ppl catch it and make them take it off and if the don’t then that’s more money for them. If that’s the case they need to hire a more knowledgeable staff and house keepers that actually clean and not just hang out in your room eating your food and smoking in your bath room. I put a do not disturb sign on my door to keep them out.
So if you don’t mind cleaning your own room, being over charged and dealing with ignorance Then you will love it here.
I did give 2 stars only bc the rooms are nice ( not clean) and beds are comfortable. The only person I dealt with at the front desk that actually knew what she was doing was Renne.
Good job Renne. Maybe you should be the General manager and do all the training for the staff. That’s the only way the place is going to get better.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Krista D,

Thank you for bringing to our attention your experience and comments regarding your stay. It is distressing to hear that you encountered a number of issues with our housekeeping and guest services and I want you to know that we take your comments very seriously and are
working hard and fast to address these problems in hopes of improving upon the guest experience. We are very sorry about your disappointment but rest assured, your concerns will be highly appreciated to better our services to our dear customers. We hope you can consider us again after the experience you had in us. We promise you a better service and a professional staff.

Reviewed 24 March 2018

Hotel was nice. Had extended stay in a suite. I was there for 5 weeks. Rooms were nice. Beds were comfortable. However, could not get the room cleaned. Floors were dirty. Staff never wiped off a flat surface. Dishes provided were dirty. Took 2 and 1/2 weeks to get bed linens changed. Didn't clean the bathroom. I ended up buying all of my own dishes, cookware and toilet paper. And, one week they double charged us. When I called to speak to the Manager, the staff kept lying about when he would be in. Took 4 hours of phone calls to straighten this out. I might stay there again, but, only if I brought my own linens, dishes and cleaning supplies. Very disappointing for what they charge..

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

hda1979,

Thank you for letting us know about the inconveniences that you encountered during your
recent stay at our hotel. We thank you for taking the time to share your experience and we want to assure you that the
housekeeping issues which you have brought to our attention are being addressed with
renewed efforts to improve upon our policies to ensure that each guest has a pleasant and
comfortable experience in the future .We hope to see you again soon