USD 125
USD 124
USD 103
CandlewoodSuites
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 117/night.

Comfort Inn & Suites Airport Convention Center(North Charleston)(Great Value!)
USD 101
Hyatt Place North Charleston(North Charleston)(Great Value!)
USD 124
Comfort Suites(North Charleston)(Great Value!)
USD 101
Charleston Grand Hotel(North Charleston)
USD 91
USD 78
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 91/night.

USD 139
USD 122
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 158/night.

USD 154
USD 132
Priceline
All reviewsfront desktanger outletwine and beerearly flightmanager's receptioncharleston airportexcellent roomthe location is perfectmorning breakfastwafflesa great stayroom was largeshuttle servicewould stay here againconvention centerbusiness tripbeds were very comfortable
Reviewed 15 November 2017

The hotel itself is your pretty typical mid-level chain. The grounds, lobby, and our room were all clean, well-maintained, and appeared fairly new. The location is great as there is an outlet mall right across the street and a number of restaurants within a few minutes’ walk. My review is specific to the "Park & Cruise" package we used for our cruise November 4-11, 2017.

The first issue I encountered was at check-in. After going through all the basic exchange of information and receiving my room keys, I asked how the shuttle process would work in the morning. The employee at the front desk responded (and I quote) “I don’t have anything to do with that.” I was a bit shocked and concerned and asked for clarification. She again responded that she didn’t know anything about it and that I needed to call the cruise line to arrange a shuttle. I then let her know that I had received an email from the hotel asking for the number of people that would be riding the shuttle and what time we needed to arrive at the port. The employee then pulled up our reservation and read a note that the shuttle had been arranged and the time we needed to be ready. The rest of the evening and next morning went fine. We did receive a call from the front desk that our “shuttle” had arrived early and asked if we could come down then. Luckily we were ready to go so it wasn’t an issue and we ended up riding with another couple which was fine.

The “shuttle” ended up being a local mini-van taxi. We were told we would be given a card with the number to call to arrange pick-up after the cruise. The driver got us to the port on time and all was well, but we never would have gotten those call cards if we didn’t remember to ask for them.

Lastly and probably the most concerning was upon returning back to the hotel from the port after the cruise. I called the driver and he responded that he would be waiting for us across the street from the port (at the Customs Building). During disembarkation, he called me back and said he had picked up another fare and would be 30-40 minutes late. At that point we were already on our way off the ship and couldn’t turn back. We ended up waiting outside in fairly cold weather for Charleston (50 degrees) for about 25 minutes until he showed. Once he arrived we got in the taxi with a group of 4 other passengers going back to the hotel which completely maxed out the capacity of the mini-van. The worst part was that the young couple we rode to the port with was just across the street while the driver drove his full taxi away from the port. When I told him they were there, he shrugged and said they would have to wait until he could get back (30 minutes round trip) because he was full. I felt terrible that they had to be left in the cold to wait like that.

In the end, I think this hotel really needs to reevaluate the logistics of their “Park & Cruise” package. I recommend either using a vehicle that can accommodate all passengers at one time or setup specific pick-up times when returning back to port to avoid the confusion that we experienced/witnessed. Until something is worked out, I suggest avoiding this hotel as a “Park & Cruise” option for the Charleston port.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Ted W, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Charleston Airport/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2017

jsvscooter,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on the Park and Cruise Package and experience you encountered at check in. We work hard to ensure each of our guests are 100% satisfied and I am sorry that we fell short of delivering this expectation. Please feel free to reach out to me personally and further share your experience so I can work to correct any service issues and guarantee a positive stay on your next return. Yours in Hospitality,

Ted Wackler - General Manager

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

Ok the hotel was nice, the rooms was 2 queen beds. We used this hotel because they had a park and cruise deal. Overall no problems with room or the morning breakfast. BUT their park and cruise deal was a major bust. Extra 100.00 for this deal. Park and leave your car on the property. They will shuttle you to the port for the cruise. This where they dropped the ball. When you book and tell them 4 people, kinda lets them know 4 people need a ride to the cruise port. Had another couple with us so we had 6 pw/o ole needing a ride to port. Cost them an extra 50.00. Once the taxi showed up. Had a couple not with us jump in the cab and about had to fight them to get them out for our 6. Hotel took them to port in a nice hotel shuttle Bus. Cab driver cost another $50.00 to get out at the ports. Some of this could have been avoided had the hotel planned better. It all worked out in the end. But the hotel owns a nice shuttle bus, why call a taxi cab(mini van) when you have a vehicle that could take 10-16 people with luggage to the port or airport.
The taxi then picked up us up 6 days later an hour after our arrival back in port because he had another paying crowd that again jumped into the van before we got off the ship st 730am.
Again just a plain lack,of communication between hotel and cab company.then found out we could have parked at the port for about the same $100.00 in a covered parking warehouse. But in the end got to the sea port and back to our car. It was secure and we made it home late that night.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank byrdr1
Ted W, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Charleston Airport/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2017

Thank you very much for sharing your experience about the Park and Cruise Package with us. Please accept our sincere apology that the transportation portion of your package left you disapointed. We strive to create the best stay and guest experience at our hotel. We will definitley share the experience with the appropriate staff so we can improve upon this Park and Cruise package.

Reviewed 8 October 2017

The shuttle to and from the airport and the convention center is a great plus. Room is spacious and well equipped. Breakfast has vegan choices which is a big plus. 15 min away from Charleston and 8 min away from the airpot.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

Arrived at hotel at 9:00am and our room was ready for us after an early flight from DC.
Room was great, clean and comfortable.
Easy to walk to outlets and restaurants!
Complimentary breakfast had many choices .
Would definitely go back!

Great hotel!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 October 2017

The staff is wonderful and very helpful. The bed is comfortable, the room is clean and spacious. I can't say anything at all bad about this hotel. The even have snacks that are tasty. I had some on one night. They also had hot oatmeal which I love for breakfast. and they have COOKIES!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business