Ok the hotel was nice, the rooms was 2 queen beds. We used this hotel because they had a park and cruise deal. Overall no problems with room or the morning breakfast. BUT their park and cruise deal was a major bust. Extra 100.00 for this deal. Park and leave your car on the property. They will shuttle you to the port for the cruise. This where they dropped the ball. When you book and tell them 4 people, kinda lets them know 4 people need a ride to the cruise port. Had another couple with us so we had 6 pw/o ole needing a ride to port. Cost them an extra 50.00. Once the taxi showed up. Had a couple not with us jump in the cab and about had to fight them to get them out for our 6. Hotel took them to port in a nice hotel shuttle Bus. Cab driver cost another $50.00 to get out at the ports. Some of this could have been avoided had the hotel planned better. It all worked out in the end. But the hotel owns a nice shuttle bus, why call a taxi cab(mini van) when you have a vehicle that could take 10-16 people with luggage to the port or airport.
The taxi then picked up us up 6 days later an hour after our arrival back in port because he had another paying crowd that again jumped into the van before we got off the ship st 730am.
Again just a plain lack,of communication between hotel and cab company.then found out we could have parked at the port for about the same $100.00 in a covered parking warehouse. But in the end got to the sea port and back to our car. It was secure and we made it home late that night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover one of the most conveniently located hotels in Charleston, SC - Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Charleston Airport/Convention Center. Whether traveling for business or pleasure, our Charleston Airport hotel is perfect. We are ideally located at the junction of I-26 and I-526, just 3 minutes from Charleston International Airport and 10 miles from Historical Charleston. Attractions and business close to our hotel include the Tanger Outlets, Charleston Area Convention Center, North Charleston Coliseum, North Charleston Performing Arts Center, Boeing, SAIC, Joint Base Charleston, Port of Charleston, and many other top destinations. Our Charleston Airport hotel has oversized guest rooms that include free high-speed Internet, 32-inch LCD TVs, microwaves, and refrigerators. Other amenities at our hotel include a state-of-the-art fitness center, an outdoor pool, complimentary deluxe hot continental breakfast daily, and weekday Manager's Reception that serves beer, wine, spirits, and soft drinks. You will experience Southern hospitality at its finest when you stay at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Charleston Airport/Convention Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, lastminute.com.au, Evoline ltd, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Hooroo Pty Ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Charleston Airport/Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Charleston Airport/ Hotel North Charleston
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Charleston Airport/Convention Center