Hotel Blue
Dunes Village Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
USD 147*
The Patricia Grand, Oceana Resorts(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
USD 107*
USD 84*
Dayton House Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
USD 65*
Coral Beach Resort & Suites(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
USD 100*
USD 90*
Myrtle Beach Resort(Myrtle Beach)
USD 134*
  • Pool
Long Bay Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
USD 69*
Carolinian Beach Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
USD 188*
USD 92*
The Breakers Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
USD 88*
Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
USD 88*
  • Pool
USD 207*
USD 178*
Travelocity
1,539 results
All reviewsswim up pool barcaptain quartersoceanfront roombowling alleyspring breakhousekeeping stafffull kitchenstarbucksblast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 April 2012

We stayed at this last week over Spring Break and for the price, this was an excellent value. The hotel is older and it needs updating in some areas. But honestly, for what we paid, it was great. We had a 12th floor oceanfront efficiency with spectacular views. Our room was clean, even under the sinks and inside cabinets (unlike some of the pics posted here), the staff was good and the location is excellent. It was an $11 cab ride to/from the airport and we were withink walking distance to the boardwalk, Family Kingdom and attractions like Ripley's. I suppose if you're expecting a brand new, 4 or 5 star resort, you may wish to book one. Like I said, this hotel needs updating in some areas. The hot tub was running dirty the first day but they closed it down and had it fixed. A few coats of paint in some areas would do wonders for the place. This is a family resort and it was very, very busy over Spring Break. If you are looking for a quiet, romantic getaway, North Myrtle Beach may be more your speed. They pool constantly had kids in it (which we didn't mind at all) and there were occassional waits for the elevators since we were on the 12th floor. One night we could very clearly hear outdoor karaoke from the hotel next door but that wasn't in Hotel Blue's control. And in my opinion, if you chose a destination like Myrtle Beach for Spring Break, you have to expect that it won't be peaceful all the time. As with anywhere, some of the staff were friendlier and more helpful than others; we simply tipped accordingly. I can only imagine how hard it would be to work in a resort like this over Spring Break. For those who went the extra mile, we did too. The additional access to Captain's Quarters is nice though we only went over there once. The bowling alley is old and dated, but still fun and I handily beat my boyfriend in 2 out of 3 games. If the kids would have been with us, they would have the loved the outdoor water area and pools there.

We are hoping to come back over summer and bring the kids. We had an amazing vacation and being able to roll over in bed and watch the sunrise over the ocean was worth a wait at the elevator or hearing neighboring karaoke.

Room Tip: Higher, oceanfront rooms are where it's at!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
HotelBlueManager, Manager at Hotel Blue, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2012

Thank you for taking the time to let everyone know about your stay with us. We are glad to hear your loved your views from your room and the pools... Hopefully you will be able to visit us again soon.

Reviewed 9 April 2012

We arrived on Saturday March 31,2012 - April 7,2012. We had awesome weather, enjoyed the pool and ocean. We had come back from shopping and my daughter wanted her Ipod and could not find it anywhere. So i started to look, i pulled the bed out and away from the wall and i seen something on the floor up by the headboard, so i bent over and pick up and it was just her headphones,and no IPOD.. Called the manager he had come up to scan the key card, then he called us and the laundry and nothing.. Nerver questioned the housekeeping or anything!!! We left a day early,because maid runied our vacation . I will never go back to this hotel!!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family

We would like to apologize for any inconveniences you encountered while a guest on our property. Its always difficult to hear of a dissatisfied guest. If you would like to call us please call 1-800-843-3466 and we can talk about this further. Thank you.

Reviewed 7 April 2012

We booked a room here. When we arrived they were extremely rude. Once we got up to our room we found it filthy. The mattresses were stained badly. Newspapers were under the bed to level it. I went down and requested my money back. They gave it back, but without question or concern. This place was also very ghetto. Loud rap music was played. The staff had in ear buds so loud I could here their rap music also. Staff wad all African American and all guest were minority as well. Worst hotel I have ever seen.

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank randy b
Reviewed 4 April 2012

Upon check in i observe some missing ceiling tiles above front desk.During my two day stay, it seem to be a mini renovation taking place right under our noses,more and more tiles were being removed,so much so that we could look right up and get a wonderful view of wires/cables and installation,more of a view than i was expecting to see.
This was /is and will always be unexceptable for a quote unquote higher end hotel.

Room Tip: Try to book else where!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joe B
Reviewed 2 April 2012

I stayed here with my husband and four children for Spring Break last week. I was a little leary when I read all the negative reviews on Trip Advisor. However, my husband had already booked the room and I thought we would try it. I was plesantly surprised. The room was spacious and had been updated. The carpet was clean and room very clean. The view was great, we were in a ocean view room on the 15th floor. Two days last week they had professional carpet cleaning people there cleaning. The entire floor we stayed on smelled very clean. The housekeeping staff was ok. We had one group of that was awesome and worked very hard, but another group came one day and they were terrible. They did not even make the bed or sweep the sand out of the room. They only offered clean towels. They had plenty of security staff at night, one night I counted 4 guards walking around between our hotel and Captain's Quarters. The kitchen was a little dated and could use new cabinets, otherwise ok. The bathroom was big and had plenty of room. The Murphy bed was plesantly comfortable. We would definately stay here again. The lazy river did look a little worn out but still worked ok. The only complaint I would have was the last night of our stay and a group of people moved in and were screaming and rapping very very loud, however, just as I was about to call the front desk they did stop to some degree. I thought maybe the guards intervened before I called, so they were quiet about 2:00 am. The attractions were great around the hotel as well. I would recommend this hotel if you need more space on a limited budget.

Room Tip: If you have small children I would not recommend the bottom floor next to the pool. They have gates that open up right to the pool from the room. This could be dangerous if you have kids.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank duaneandseason
HotelBlueManager, Manager at Hotel Blue, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Thank you for posting a review for us. We are so glad tha you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again very soon.