All reviewsshort walk to the beachawesome staythe past yearshouse keepinggreat vacationunitscondooceanupgrades
Reviewed 20 July 2014

This place is horrible! This was my family vacation and it has been ruined and I am only on day 1. My first night I called and waiting for someone to come and bring me supplies and nobody showed up. I called Sunday morning and once again am stuck in my room waiting for someone. Sure a waste having ocean view when I can't enjoy it. 2 1/2 hours to get in an appropriate room. Fridge not cold even on high temp. No way to clean my floors. Toaster does not work. 3 forks and very little other silverware. 2 small pans and a skillet to cook in. (For a week and 5 people...HAHA) Sofa sleeper worn out. Horrible internet connection holes in comforter I tried everything to find a different hotel to try and save my vacation and unfortunately everything for a family my size is book. I will rate this place as horrible on every site I can find. Very unsatisfied!

Room Tip: E311 and C215 - had to try both and picked the better of the two horrible places.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Kristin W
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We booked this place in Feb. for a week in July. On the way down from Boston, I hurt myself and showed up on crutches. After explaining our situation, the manager told us "too bad. you are on the third floor. NO elevators" We proceeded to our room where we found it DISGUSTING! rugs were soaked. MOLD in the a/c units. Kitchen floor disgusting. We wouldn't even use the master bathroom because the shower was moldy. I opened the couch to find half eaten gold fish crackers under the cushions. A blind fell and hit our 8 yo in the head when he sat on his bed. The window in the kids room was broken. All we were told was "well, you can have your money back on your card" which means we wouldn't get reimbursed onto our card for weeks. and where were we supposed to go on the week of July 4! NEVER AGAIN!!! DO NOT RENT ROOM A315 in this resort!!!! NASTY

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank lauriesaren
Sands R, Sands Digital Marketing at Ocean Forest Villa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Thank you for posting a review. As we are continually trying to improve our operations, your detailed feedback provides us with the opportunity to gain valuable information.

We greatly appreciate the feedback.

We are very sorry you did not have the vacation experience you deserved.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

Our condo was very clean and spacious. The owners furnished it nicely and left some bonuses! Beach chairs, and sand toys(which was perfect because we left those things at home). The view from the balcony was beautiful! Just a short walk to the water!! My only complaint was the Master rooms mattress, very old and uncomfortable.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Tara C
Sands R, Sands Digital Marketing at Ocean Forest Villa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

We are very happy you enjoyed your stay at Ocean Forest Villas.

We will make sure the owner is aware of the mattress issue.

Please come again soon.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

The villa we rented was through the one at 5601 n ocean blvd, but the actual address was 345 beach place building D -311. It was horrible, the towels were dirty i mean filty dirty (white towels were greyish & brown looking) the sofa was dirty and taped up,the sofa bed once pulled out was nasty dark brown spots all over and spots that appeared to be old blood.the living room was cool the rest was hot, even had a box fan in one of the rooms ,dead bugs in the bath tub and in the bedroom floor, sheets on beds had dirty spots on them,the cover for sofa bed was dirty and just balled up and threw in closet, pillow cases were dirty. all dishes in cabinet and drawers were dirty and spotted.this room was so dirty i took my bags back to the car,i couldnt even bring myself to sit down in there.front desk sent 2 people to reclean room and bring more towels, towels were still dingy, these guys wouldnt even clean the room they said there was no way anything they could do would make a difference.front desk didnt even want to refund our money,then when they agreed to give us a refund they said they would have to hold 50.00,and they had no more rooms,(are you serious)i have never been in a resort that was this bad they had 2 old style big tv's but only one worked we got there at 4:30 pm we didnt get into a suitable room until after 12 am,around 11 or so they said they had 1 suite ,this one was 209 D, it was the total opposite of the other room it was kinda nice,but we went out and bought towels . But i will never stay there again, and while we were waiting to find a room 4 other guest were down there complaining about the cleanliness of there rooms.

Room Tip: ask to see the room first...do not book from internet pic
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank angela a
Sands R, Sands Digital Marketing at Ocean Forest Villa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Unfortunately we are unable to help you with your concerns.

This is a privately owned UNIT and not a unit owned by own company.

We have informed TripAdvisor and asked them to please get you in touch with the appropriate business so that your issues can hopefully be resolved.

Reviewed 30 August 2013

I had the most horrible experience in Ocean Forest Villa. I paid for two BR with one queen and one double bed but they did not accommodate us. When I checked in the room it smelled like moldy, smoky and like dead animal. I went back to the receptionist and asked her if she could change the room, but she told me that there was not any other room available in the facility. We drove all the way from PA to SC for a family vacation and we had no place to stay. I told the receptionist if I could talk to the manager; she called the manager and the manager screamed at her for calling him. The manager would not talk to me or neither listens to the receptionist about the situation. This was the most unethical thing I have ever seen from a property manager. The manager was very unprofessional and did not care about his customer. I would be shame to be him because he is just collecting money from the company without doing his job.

Room Tip: All the rooms are filthy, smelly and dirty!!!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Traveler_aqil
Sands R, Sands Digital Marketing at Ocean Forest Villa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

We apologize for this experience.

If you could inbox us your reservation and room #, we will check to make sure this was not a privately owned unit.

It is NOT common practice for a Sands' manager to not speak with a guest who has concerns.

We do hope you will give Sands another try. Thank you for the feedback