“Off season golf visit”
Review of Ocean Reef Resort

Ocean Reef Resort
Ranked #18 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 15 November 2017

Nice hotel, even nicer when the weather is a bit hotter I'm sure. Nice kids pool, indoor pool, hot tub, fitness center etc. Breakfast was included in our stay. It's a full hot breakfast with eggs made to order. The hotel is right on the beach, with ocean view rooms. Our room had a full kitchenette, including washer and dryer which came in very handy. (no heed to eat out everyday) The bar area did not do happy hour which was a bit disappointing as the menu during happy hour would have been great for snacking if you had a late supper booked. I'm not a fan of the people at the front of the hotel that offer all the free stays, suppers, attractions, etc. It's a nice offer but you have to sit in on the hour long talk about becoming a share holder in some property. (this is not why we go on vacation!) Overall, great stay, clean rooms with wifi, nice ocean view..Will def. come when the weather is a bit warmer

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JLeeReport
Brittany G, Front Office Manager at Ocean Reef Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2017

Dear JLeeReport,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review of the Ocean Reef Resort! I am excited to hear that you had a fantastic stay with us. I am happy that you liked the location of our property. I am glad that you were able to enjoy the breakfast at Café du Port. It is great to know that you will be back to see us on your next vacation. I look forward to seeing you soon. I hope that you will continue to choose Ocean Reef Resort as your vacation destination when visiting Myrtle Beach.

Front Office Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,256)

Reviewed 14 November 2017

They have a very good morning breakfast buffet. I liked having a small kitchen and roomy fridge.

Nice pools but I was really there for the beach. Nicely located near a variety of restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Thank Mary Beth Heber... H
Brittany G, Front Office Manager at Ocean Reef Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2017

Dear Mary Beth Heber,

Thank you very much for your review of the Ocean Reef Resort! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay at our resort. I am happy that you were able the breakfast down at Cafe du Port. I am glad that you enjoyed your room accommodations and the location of the property. I hope to see you on your next vacation to Myrtle Beach. We hope that you will continue to choose Ocean Reef Resort as your vacation destination when visiting Myrtle Beach.

Reviewed 12 November 2017

A repeat stay at Ocean Reef demonstrates their ability to give guests a nice vacation. From check in to check out-friendly/helpful employees, great breakfast in Cafe du Port. We look forward to our next visit to Ocean Reef.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sean C

Dear SeanC,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review of the Ocean Reef Resort! Thank you for your loyalty and being a returning guest. I am ecstatic to hear that you had a fantastic stay with us. I am glad that you had a chance to enjoy the staff and breakfast at Café du Port. It is good to know that my staff was very helpful during your stay. I am happy that you had a wonderful stay overall. I look forward to seeing you soon. I hope that you will continue to choose Ocean Reef Resort as your vacation destination when visiting Myrtle Beach.

Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

I am from the area and needed a mini vacation for my fiancé's birthday. This was the perfect place. In fact, we are staying there again this December for his 40th birthday. Great indoor pools and the room was so comfortable. I wanted to take the pillows and mattress home with us! Got a really good deal on groupon and will be doing it again next month. Guess I forgot to write a review after our last stay. Only negative was the cold trip from the warm hot tub and pool up to the room, but I am from SC and very cold natured. If planning a vacation to Myrtle Beach, definitely check this hotel out. The area is much safer than the southern end of the beach and perfect for couples and families.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Littlefishie,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review of the Ocean Reef Resort! I am ecstatic to hear that you celebrated your 40th birthday with us. I am glad that you were able to enjoy the amenities. I do apologize about the cold weather during your trip. I am happy that your room accommodations were to your expectations. I am excited to know that you had a wonderful experience with our resort. I look forward to seeing you soon. I hope that you will continue to choose Ocean Reef Resort as your vacation destination when visiting Myrtle Beach.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

The room was clean although it didn’t look it due to wear and tear. Tile floors would be a great improvement. It was quiet and the view was unmatched. Parking onsite was limited but parking was available about a block away.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear CJaneH,

Thank you very much for your review of the Ocean Reef Resort! I do apologize that you did not have a good experience. We pride ourselves in accommodating our guest to the best of our ability. If you would like to speak about the situation further, please feel free to give me a call. I look forward to speaking with you soon. I do apologize again for the inconvenience. We hope that you will continue to choose Ocean Reef Resort as your vacation destination when visiting Myrtle Beach.