3,997 results
All reviews cafe du port lazy river across the street bedroom condo breakfast buffet pool area off season north tower family vacation trip to myrtle beach great resort a great vacation washer dryer beach access full kitchen beach front water park
Reviewed 21 March 2016

Well placed on the beach plus large pools, both indoor and outdoor. Rooms were spacious, modern and well maintained. Rooms and common areas were always clean, and staff was friendly. Would return for sure.

2  Thank GerardG_322
Brittany P, Front Office Manager at Ocean Reef Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2016

Dear GerardG_322,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of the Ocean Reef Resort! I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to take advantage of our water amenities!

I'm also glad that our staff was able to give you wonderful customer service. Our number one priority is always guest satisfaction!

Again, thank you for your review; we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 21 March 2016 via mobile

This place was ok. The indoor pool was great for the cold weather their was a lot of stuff to do in the pool. However the pullout couch in the room had dirty sheets with crumbs on them. Also the balconies on the south tower are very small. This place was just average with some good things and some bad.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank lucythedog05

Dear lucythedog05,

Thank you for your review of the Ocean Reef Resort. I would like to apologize for your overall stay not being a perfect one. We always strive to meet all of your expectations and I am truly sorry that we fell short during your most recent visit. However, I am glad that you were able to enjoy our heated pools during the colder time of year.

I hope that you will allow us the opportunity to better your experience with us here at the Ocean Reef Resort. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 21 March 2016 via mobile

My family and I are currently staying at the Ocean Reef.
We have stayed here many times in the past.
This place has really gone down hill.
Our room was not clean when we arrived. The bed sheets were dirty. I called the front desk and told them we wanted clean sheets. I was told we would have them soon. They never arrived.
We stripped all of the beds and cleaned the sheets ourselves.
In the master bathroom, there was poop on the light switch, again I had to clean it myself.
And I have a very severe cat allergy. I thought I would be fine staying here, since it is a pet free hotel.
Obviously the people who stayed before us have several cats and left cat hair on the living room couch. My throat started to swell and close. Thank God I have Benadryl with me! I don't think this room was cleaned at all before our arrival and if it was, the house keeping staff need to be replaced!!
I am certain that this will be my last stay with the Ocean Reef!
I will be talking to a manager in the morning!!

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank Tanya L
Reviewed 19 March 2016

Just returned from a 2 night stay at the resort. We liked the location because it was close to the restaurants we love, Broadway at the Beach, etc. Our pre-schooler loved the heated pools. The room was good size and had microwave, fridge and toaster. We stayed in the ocean front room on the 6th floor with the partially enclosed balcony that had only about 6 inches of railing on top. Good for kids. Do not leave your balcony door open or you'll come back to a room with a few pigeons walking around, even though we did not have anything edible laying out.
About the negatives. Hallway carpets were dirty, lots of pieces of trash blowing around. A TV crew was making a promotional video about the resort and they would ask people to stay out of sections of the outdoor pool 2 days in a row. They were very nice about it but it was definitely an inconvenience that we were not warned about or given a discount for.

Room Tip: 604 was great, away from elevator, close to ice machine, partially enclosed balcony good for kids.

Dear CarolinaGirl27,

Thank you very much for your review of the Ocean Reef Resort! I am happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed the central location to many shopping areas close by, as well as the room size and amenities offered in the room.

I hope that you will continue to choose Ocean Reef Resort as your vacation destination when visiting Myrtle Beach!

See you again soon!

Reviewed 14 March 2016

Was a good location and especially liked the ocean sound, coming in from our windows/patio at night. The room was clean, and had the basic. This room worked well, as we only slept in it. It was very basic, and did not have many amenities. A good place to come back to after a long golf day, and relax by the ocean.

Dear Scott W,

Thank you very much for your review of the Ocean Reef Resort! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the location and the ability to listen to the ocean waves at night with your balcony door open.

I hope that you will continue to choose Ocean Reef Resort for all of your golf outings.

See you again soon!