All reviewscondo buildingacross the streetocean frontlazy riverhot tuboutdoor poolfull kitchenwall bedolder hotelwasher dryerocean blvdoceanfront roomflat screenfamily vacationhousekeeping staffup to dateoff season
Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

Love Myrtle Beach, SC. We have stayed at Holiday Sands South for over 13 years. We have never had a problem. HOWEVER...after the experience we are having at this very moment...I will NEVER AGAIN STAY AT HOLIDAY SANDS SOUTH! After driving over 770 miles to get here, we check in to find out they gave us the WRONG ROOM. Not a big deal...just change our room to what we asked for when we booked and it’s all good. NOPE! Can’t do that. The employee who did the reservation is no longer here. So the only option is to pay MORE THAN DOUBLE the original cost! We have asked MULTIPLE TIMES A DAY SINCE SUNDAY TO SPEAK TO THE MANAGER, JEFFREY FIRESTINE, AND HE IS ALWAYS TOO BUSY. He either at Lowe’s, on a conference call, putting lighting in “on one of the floors”....oh but we were told we could go look floor to floor for him....yah NOT! He obviously does not care about customer satisfaction. If you can’t make 5 minutes for guests who have been giving you business for years...then you JEFFREY FIRESTINE will no longer get our business. OH AND I WILL MAKE SURE TO ALLOW SOCIAL MEDIA TO SPREAD THE WORD! Please, as may of my friends who can, please share this post. It’s time “the big guys” start caring about people and not JUST the almighty damn dollar! 6 days and STILL CANT SPEAK TO THE MANAGER!!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
15  Thank Stephanie S
Reviewed 5 September 2017

This hotel is very dated. Our suite didn't feel clean and there was a pungent urine smell coming from the carpet on our balcony. I didn't want to be in the room, unless I really had to. Noisy neighbors at night. One of the inner doors in our 2-bdrm suite was broken - no privacy. Didn't use the pool, so can't comment on that. Good thing about this room was the view and the kitchenette. Hotel should invest into providing shampoo and dish soap for their guests. Its a cheap option to stay in Myrtle Beach, but next time I would pay a little more for something nicer.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank iiltravel
Reviewed 23 August 2017

checked into the room, we always check the bed, it had grass particles as well as hair balls in the bed and on the floor, grossed me out. the second room they moved us too was very "little" cleaner but had no tv remote. the guy they sent up about the remote was very nice. won't stay here again for sure. (wish i'd taken pictures)

Room Tip: find another motel/resort
2  Thank ldallen963
Reviewed 22 August 2017

We usually stay in North Myrtle for at least a week. This time, however, we decided just the week before to come down for 4 days so our options were limited. We were pleasantly surprised. We arrived at 10 am and were quickly checked in although our room wasn't ready. We were given resort bracelets for use of the pool, etc., and were shown where the bathroom was so that we could change for the beach. We left our phone number and were called a little after noon and were told our room was ready. We stayed in room 1201 (2 bed, 2 bath condo). It was clean, with updated bathrooms, counters, fixtures, etc. The beds were extremely comfortable. The view was amazing!
We were surprised to have daily housekeeping service that provided clean towels, toilet tissue, and soaps. That was a lovely amenity.
On the second day, our tv remote stopped working and we couldn't get the tv to turn on without it. We mentioned it at the front desk on the way back to our room and told them it was no big deal as we don't really watch it anyway. We weren't in our room 5 minutes and someone arrived to take care of it.
The beach out front has plenty of room and chairs and umbrellas are available to rent. The outdoor pool was a bit small, but we don't spend much time in it anyway. Although the lazy river is small, it has an incredibly strong current and is fun. There are 2 hot tubs and 2 indoor pools that are all very clean.
We had breakfast each day at the cafe on site. Service was great and food was delicious. Get the french toast!
We will definitely return!

Room Tip: Room 1201 is a corner condo on the top floor. Great views!
2  Thank BeachGirl68
Reviewed 16 August 2017

I arrived to check in from Charlotte NC on Thursday. First, the front desk clerk was rude...she was confrontational because there was 2 adults and 2 children listed online but we had 2 adults and 3 children when we checked in. Not sure why this was such a big deal considering our room was big enough to accommodate 6 people. The room was very outdated and smelly. There were cracks in every corner of the room. The bathroom was dirty and there was mold on the ceiling in the living area. I called the front desk to advise them of what I saw and to request a new room only for the clerk to say they're all booked. She did not seem to care at all, there was no type of empathy! The next day, as I prepared breakfast I noticed that we didn't have a spatula. I called down to the front desk and the clerk stated that they will have to "find one". That statement alone made me feel sick. After waiting for over 30 minutes, a maintenance guy came with a plastic spatula that looked like it had been burnt several times before and it was still wet like he had just washed it. Of course I did NOT use it, ended up going to Wal Mart to buy a new one. Dish detergent is not complimentary so I had to buy detergent to wash the convenient dishes that were provided. The front door was very hard to open and close as if it had been kicked in before. The divider blinds were also broken so that took away the privacy that I thought I would have. Not to mention the $20.00 deposit to use an iron, which I don’t carry cash and by this time, I am not comfortable with leaving my card with them. The best part about my stay was being ocean front. Overall we were not satisfied and would not recommend anyone to stay here.

2  Thank TABITHA T