See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 August 2012

did check in at days in waccamaw in highway 501 just to sleep while we are in the area, hotel itself is old and the carpets are filthy, staff are not friendly,and the room stinks, and when we check out they charge my account an extra $ 20. they said i took a pillow that's already missing when we check in. this hotel is a scam. I booked my hotel at Priceline and paid everything with priceline. For future reference dont take the risk of getting a cheap hotel, not worth it.

Room tip: there is no good room, dont use this hotel, problem arise they will not help you, your on your own.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bernard M
Reviewed 8 August 2012

Top HORRIBLE hotel of my 43 years. We had two rooms and had major problems with both. Ours - wall plugs didn't work and were falling out of the wall, bathtub was filthy, 70's decor falling apart, toilet didn't flush properly. Theirs - TV didn't work, toilet didn't flush properly, faucet falling out of wall, smelled of mildew, hole in wall. While we were there, one lady complained of bed bugs, another said that she's a Days Inn Member which is the only reason she goes - said last year that her shower wall was caving in. The hot tub looked clean, bright blue, but the pool was an emerald green and murky. On top of all this, they have the NERVE to demand a $50 deposit on each room!!! That was unexpected and quite insulting, due to the condition of the rooms to begin with! Not to mention it tied up $100 of our spending funds, which I still haven't been reimbursed for, several days later. We also requested late check out and they were very rude and uncooperative until I recited the list of grievances above. Only then did they relent and gave us a whole hour. I will NEVER be back and may never bother with Days Inn anywhere, ever again. I should have read the reviews, but the price was right. Definitely a HUGE black eye for Days Inn in our opinion.

Room tip: A "good room" could only be found in another hotel!
Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Julie B
Reviewed 29 July 2012 via mobile

Please stay away from this dive. I am hiding in this filthy room right now. everything you could imagine is wrong with this hotel. Dogs in the hall. Everything in the room is at least 50 years old including the mattresses and TV which doesn't have a remote. There is no way I would bath or shower in that tub.

The hotel is full of loud poor black guests. We will NOT be leaving the room until daybreak at which time we will run to the parking lot.

3  Thank balger
Reviewed 25 July 2012

This was the worst hotel we have ever stayed in. Not to mention that it has been a month since this stay I have left about ten phone calls for the owner and not one phone call back.Let's start off with the room it smelled like Mold , the sheets did not fit the matress so when you layed on the bed the corners rolled up off the bed. The Matress was as hard as a rock. The toilit Ran the entire time we were there.The fridge did not close due to the seal on it was broken. The microwave did not work unless you moved the plug around and held it.The carpet had a greasy film on it. When we checked out I spoke with Megan who told me that she is young and she would sleep any where I told her not for $$130.00 a night she wouldn't. When I mentioned the microwave she asked me did I pay ectra for that there was an additinal fee to have that I said that I paid $$130.00 for the room and the microwave was in it does that mean that I paid for it?? "FYI ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK".......

Room tip: Find a different hotel other thatn Days inn on Waccamaw Blvd in Myrtle Beach SC.
Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2012

There were roaches in the bed and then they ran in the board. There were more that 20 roaches in the room. The hotel staff tried to tell me that the bugs in my room were not actually roaches but were in the rocach family. The matress was also town. UNLESS YOU LIKE ROACHES DO NOT STAY HERE.

• Trip type: Travelled with family