“Would not stay again”

Ranked #178 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Dallas, TX
“Would not stay again”
Reviewed 1 August 2011

We spontaneously took a trip to Myrtle Beach, SC for a weekend without booking a room. We rode around to several hotels and pretty much all of them were booked. We were tired from driving around and came to a Days Inn on Waccamaw Blvd. They actually had a room available and we only planned to stay one night. At check-in we advised the clerk that we would pay cash but she asked for a credit card to hold the room. While filling out the paperwork for the room , the clerk charged the credit card and gave us the receipt. I asked her why she did this and she stated that I didn’t tell her not to, when in actuality I did tell that I would be paying with cash.

The parking lot was littered with trash and broken bottles. We had to ride around to find a space with no trash. Inside the hotel heading to the room, the walls had markings in pencil on them. This actually helped us to find the room after we came back from dinner. In the actual room, the carpet was dirty and the bathroom floor had not been mopped. There was black show prints on the floor. The tiles in the shower were buckling and we didn’t even use the shower at all because it did not look safe. The only thing we used in the room was the bed and the towels to wash our face. We took a wash off in the morning and got the heck outta there.

We mentioned the state of the tiles to the clerk at check-out and all she had to say was, “I know.” I would not stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Washington, North Carolina
Reviewed 22 July 2011

We stayed on the 1st floor--there was no odor in the hallway or the rooms--our rooms were very clean--When I called about staying there I said something about the bad comments and Monica told me that the 1st floor had new beds-that is why I requested 1st floor--We went to the pool on July 15th and the pool was clean and there was no trash-we slept pretty good the 3 nights while we were there-this motel isnt the Hilton but for the price we paid it was okay-We didnt like the location because of it being closed to Gentlemans club(which they have these almost on every street corner) but we had no problems with safety for me, husband and 9 yr son. If you need a reasonable price place just to sleep then this is the hotel but if you are looking for luxury then I would recommend another Hotel...If we ever go back to Myrtle Beach we probably wouldnt stay here because of its location not because we were unhappy with our visit.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank carolinagirls1977
Atlantic City, New Jersey
Reviewed 12 July 2011

the halls and rooms smelled horrible. The doors to the outside were broken. The carpet was damp. The pool was green. There was trash all over outside ( which included beer bottles). The room doors were completely worn out. Paint on the walls and doors was just splattered on. Mildew on the ceilings.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 8 July 2011

My family and I needed to find a hotel to stay at for one night prior to our week long vacation at the beach. My husband chose this hotel based only on the proximity to our destination and the brand name. Let me tell you we will NEVER stay there again. It was horrible. First, it is only two buildings away from a "gentleman's club". Second, the walls are paper thin. You can hear a normal conversation from any of the rooms in the hall way. Lighting was absolutely horrible in the hallways and rooms. The beds had springs poking out of the beds - horrible nights sleep. We did not even dare to take a shower in the tub - it was gross. The door leading in and out of the building was broken so you could only use one side and it was difficult to open. We have stayed at other Days Inn locations and it is not the Hilton, but we have had decent, safe, and comfortable stays except for this one. This hotel needs MAJOR updates.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Hendersonville, North Carolina
Reviewed 4 July 2011

While the price was good and my niece greatly enjoyed the tiny pool. Everything kept falling apart, the one towel we had was wet like it was dirty. The side door was hard to open and the halls smelled bad. They had a restaurant but it closed rather early so I have no idea if it was good.Our room had a fridge and microwave but they was dirty so we chose not to put our food in there

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family