2,483 results
All reviewsocean frontfront deskacross the streetfull kitchenlazy riverfree mini golffree breakfastbedroom suiteparking garagevalet servicewasher dryerhot tuboff seasonoceanfront viewthe room was niceocean blvdwater park
Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

The Carolinian Resort in Myrtle Beach is an ideal distance fr/Myrtle Beach Airport. So quick and easy. Stayed a total of 3 nites -2nites w/ocean view. Very nice room. Beautiful views w/small deck to just take in the beauty of the gorgeous beach area.

Parking is included, but a bit inconvenient. Not right at motel site. Important. If you have a " handicapped" sticker, you can park in pay areas at no fee as long as handicapped sticker is clearly displayed in South Carolina.

At both check in dates, we were unable to check in at 4. Unable to access room until 5:30. Annoying. Appeared that staff was reduced after officials summer season. Front desk staff lacking good CS skills. Not informative. Apparent job burn out. No Southern hospitality there. No info at all on Wyndham resorts or points.

Nice pool & small lazy river.

Only 1 ice machine located on first floor. Crazy! Very inconvenient.

Awesome inclusive breakfast! Truly gracious staff and delicious food. A definite plus to the stay.

There's a lot of Resort competition on the strip. Have no other experience to compare it to in that initial location.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
OceanaResorts, Marketing Manager at Carolinian Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide this comprehensive feedback about your recent stay with us. We are happy you enjoyed our convenient location and your room. I sincerely apologize for the lack of Southern hospitality on behalf of our front desk team. This information has been forwarded to our management team so it can be addressed. I'm also sorry your check in was delayed. We truly hope you will return for a future stay.

Reviewed 19 September 2017

Stayed 7 nights in the Hotel and i was not impressed,Housekeeping seems to be a Issue ,i had to go after 3 days at the Hotel and ask the Front desk if there is Housekeeping cause nobody ever came to clean ,then i only got new Towels nothing was cleaned at all ,Bathroom wasn t touched at all ,Kitchen or Living room was not cleaned,had to go every single day down to the Lobby and ask for In room Coffee .Every day around 1 pm i had Garbage bags and dirty Towels laying in front of my entrance door,which is normal cause i saw it at other Doors too ,the Pool was closed for 5 days i was there so my stay was terrible

Room Tip: Just try to get a clean Room
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Knut F

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. I'm terribly sorry to hear that our housekeeping team failed to provide adequate services and that our common areas and hallways were not clean. I have forwarded your feedback to our management team so we can correct these issues. Again, I apologize.

Reviewed 17 September 2017

I reserved a standard with king sized bed (non-smoking) at Carolinian Beach Resort for the last days of Mustang Week 2017. My room was pretty large with many amenities like mini fridge, microwave, coffeemaker, iron/ironing board, safe, flat screen LED TV, and desk, as well as free wifi. Carolinian Beach Resort is a beach front hotel right off of Ocean Blvd. The hotel has a pool, small lazy river, and hot tub, if you don't want to swim in the ocean. It also has a small fitness center in the main building. When you you check in you will be given a rubber wristband that gives you access to pools on property. You will also reason a parking permit tag to hang on your rearview mirror w/ passcode to park in the parking garage across the street. There are two buildings on the property, their are elevators and ice makers throughout the property for your convenience. They service free breakfast in the morning from 6:00 - 10:00am. Checkout at 11:00am. The hotel staff and customer service was okay, nothing special. The bathroom tube could've been cleaned a little better. Saw some hairs from the previous guest(s) in the tub. The balcony area could use a little renovation too. Saw some corrosion around the sliding glass door, most likely from being so close to ocean. I little paint wouldn't hurt either.

Room Tip: Higher floors are a little quieter. A little less street traffic noise on higher floors on side with beach view.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
OceanaResorts, Marketing Manager at Carolinian Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Thank you for your recent stay at Carolinian. I'm sorry to hear that you were disappointed in the lack of cleanliness in your room but did enjoy the size of your room as well as the amenities. We truly hope you will return for a future stay.

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

Upon arriving we were an hour early. Told to come back @ 4. Our room was still not ready @ 4 we had to wait for 20 more minutes.once in the room was newly renovated but the toilet didn't work. Had to manually flush it each time by removing the tank lid & raising the ballcock. The breakfast is very crowed & below avg. quality. At check-in staff was not very friendly especially the older gentleman. The pool was not available because they decided to replace all the tiles therefore closing it down while there was still plenty of good vacation days remaining. In addition they would be out there with loud power tools @ 8:30 am. The room was not properly cleaned all week. The ONLY positive was the valet/bellhop Jimmy he is a gem. After 7 straight years of staying there, we will no longer as we see the steady decline. The service is non existent.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

I'm terribly sorry to read that we are going to loose you as our long term guest. It's disappointing to hear that we failed to meet your expectations. I have shared this feedback with our management team so we can work on correcting our deficiencies. Should you wish to discuss your stay further, please contact our general manager. Again, I apologize.

Reviewed 11 September 2017

I stayed at the this hotel in June and give it glowing reviews, everything was fabulous and the only negative was slow internet, this time was not the case....
Lets start with booking, I called to book and was told to get $450. off my room rate I would have to hang up and book online and it was non-refundable. So, I did as told and requested our room (which I was told was available at the time of booking) and of course when we checked-in we did not receive our requested room. I didn't get to upset though, bc our room did have all the same amenities with the exception of the view. Next the elevators in the parking garage and in the hotel were down, you had to walk up and down the parking garage and meanwhile inside the hotel it took 15 minutes to get an elevator and because the service elevator was out of service during our entire visit, the maids were in a horrible mood and we only received maid service 2 days of our 6 night stay. Fortunately I had a washer/dryer in my unit and I washed our room towels daily, however the heating element was out in the dryer and it would take three cycles to dry clothes. Also, maintenance barged into our room upon arrival with a handful of light bulbs only to figure out the lamp didn't have a switch and they just told us to plug it up and unplug it to work it. Also, our room was on the backside of a housekeeping closet and for some reason I couldn't figure out why there were folks going in and out of it at all hours of the night slamming the door continuously. Also, if you have stay at a Wyndham then you know they normally have white bed linens, I pulled mine back to find a red stain which I believe was red wine, but still it was a little gross to look at daily. Also, there were 2 ice machines down, so we would use the ice from our fridge and hope if we needed more while we were at the beach we could use the one near the pool, but everyone else had this idea and it would run out too.
I would suggest now that season is over Wyndam needs to come in and go thru every room and repair/and or replace all non-working items and call the state for much needed elevator repairs. It was unbelievable how the friendliness and service went out the window since our stay in June...it left us saying "Wow what happened?"
In closing I do want to say at check-out I did ask about the room request and was told I had requested an owner unit and was bumped "which was understandable" but it didn't resolve broken items, lack of room service, elevators and so on, or the Wyndam guideline to receive a lower rate you cannot book over the phone and online its non-refundable....and I would like to mention...last time we stayed it was the first week of June and we had a 1000 sq ft room in which we paid $650.00 for a week and this time our room was about 650 sq ft and we paid $1000.00 for a week and if I had not paid non-refundable it would have been $1450.00....thats a little crazy, but we went with it since we enjoyed it so much the first time and excpected they would jack rates up on a holiday weekend, but that was a bit ridiculous.
I'm sure we will return in the future with the hopes that Wyndam will up their game and doesn't continue to drop the ball.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
OceanaResorts, Marketing Manager at Carolinian Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2017

I'm terribly sorry to read about your recent disappointment with our resort. It sounds like we missed the mark on this visit. I have shared your feedback with our management team so we can work on making the much needed changes to our processes. Again, I apologize.