1,439 results
All reviews ocean front continental breakfast across the street washer and dryer pool and hot tub yogurt king suite free dvd rentals grassy area living room every morning lounge chairs full kitchen parking garage lazy river check in was a breeze great view of the ocean
Reviewed 15 March 2016 via mobile

I've stayed at the Strand, numerous times and only once did I have a problem that was so called, rectified by the mgr defending the night front desk attendant, saying,"people who work third shift aren't always happy or in a good mood". He was very rude say" there's nothing I can do for you" I don't know what your going to do I don't have a room for you" I told him "if my son didn't come where was I going to stay!!. So because i have always had great experiences, I was really bothered by his attitude because I had never been treated in this manner before. by was tired as well, now frustrated because I didn't have a room. I felt like I should have been given a room complimentary since the messup wss on their side.When I arrived my room had been given to someone else, even though I called and spoke with reservations 4 times. I arrived at the resort about 12:45 pm and didn't have a room do I had to stay in the room with my son and his girlfriend which was not how I planned on spending my night. Then I pulled back the covers back and there was hair all in the bed. I called down and the attendant acted aggravated. I was almost done with this place, but since all the other times were so nice a gave it another try and am satisfied again. The staff is great otherwise. I'm always telling someone about the strand and because I love it there!!!# I'm thinking about purchasing one of the units there!!

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 March 2016

I would highly recommend this resort. This is our 4th year here and plan on returning every year God willing. The staff is remarkable. You are treated like family. Marlene, Sonia, Alisha, Semeatris,Jimmy,Robert,Fish, Andy just to name a few. (Sorry if I misspelled any names or forgot to include someone) The Snowbird residents could not be nicer. It certainly feels like our second home. There are so many room type choices that accomodate every budget. The grounds are well manicured and updates are constantly being done. The resort is always working to make improvements especially in the winter months but make every effort to make guests a priority. I am sad at the thought of leaving but am already anxious to return next winter. Family friendly, good location, you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: All rooms have ocean view or oceanfront. The ocean is amazing from any balcony.
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
Alicia B, Manager at The Strand a Boutique Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2016

Dear JoMarie B,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with the TripAdvisor community. It has been a blast having you stay with us this year! We are so excited that you enjoyed your time and that we were able to get to know you better during the snowbird season. We appreciate the kind feedback on the renovations as we all have worked hard to provide a great hotel for guests. We look forward to seeing you guys next year for another great season!

Reviewed 21 February 2016

First time staying at this hotel and was pleasantly surprised at how nice it was. Was very impressed with the room. It was a 1 bedroom suite that included a living room, bedroom, bath, 2 balconies and a full kitchen with a dishwasher and washer/dryer. We had intentions of cooking a couple of meals while we were there but ended up not doing so. The kitchen seemed to be fully stocked with plates, glasses, utensils, pans, etc. The elevators were very quick, no waiting at all. I read in one comment before booking that the parking deck was very tight and only one lane so be careful. There was one lane but it was a separate lane going up and another one going down. It was very well marked which one was going up with a big yellow arrow pointing up and another for the lane going down. It was easy to maneuver had no issues and we have a small size SUV. Now for the only 3 con's we had: one was the shower , couldn't move the head and it was pointing toward the wall. Strange set up to turn on and regulate water. Second was the TV channels, not very good but who stays in there room to watch TV instead of being outdoors. Third was the free breakfast which was one of the reasons we booked at this hotel. We got to the restaurant about 6:15 and they started serving at 6:00. The eggs, bacon, sausage and biscuits were cold. I had a doughnut and a pastry since I would not eat the eggs, etc being cold. When I went to eat the pastry it was hard as a rock. We were so disappointed that we never went back. As a matter of fact my husband got sick off the meal. He felt better later in the afternoon but he stayed in the hotel room until around 1:00. So be careful of the breakfast. Aside from the 3 con's I listed we will definitely stay there again. Forgot to mention the mattress and pillows are to die for. The best sleep I have had in a very long time. Will be back hopefully in the fall.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank RADSK81

Dear RADSK81,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with the TripAdvisor community. We appreciate your feedback! We are happy to see that you enjoyed our oceanfront suites while you were here. I am sad to see that we did not meet expectations in all areas. I will certainly address the breakfast as we strive to provide the best breakfast you can get on the beach and want to make sure all guests enjoy it hot all the time. We will also have maintenance look into the shower head to see what happened with it not moving for you. I hope that you will return in the near future so we can provide a great clean room and customer service for you once again!

Reviewed 21 February 2016

First time at this hotel. Really clean. The bartender, Andy, is the best! The front desk people were nice. The breakfast was a horrible experience. The staff were rude. There was no food, no plates and no silverware. They ran people off right at closing, with their plates in their hands. This is off season and they couldn't adaqately support the guests. I would hate to be here at the height of the season.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Pamela H

Dear Pamela H,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with the TripAdvisor world. We appreciate your feedback as it helps us continue to improve. We are so excited to see that you enjoyed our bar and got to know Andy as he has been a great asset to the company. I apologize for your experience with breakfast as we have been training new employees for the season and fell short that weekend. I can assure you that we have addressed these issues and will be prepared next time you visit.

Reviewed 17 February 2016 via mobile

It was a great place to stay and I will be staying there again! It was very nice and clean. I was kind of second guessing after seeing the pictures and a few of the reviews but I'm glad I went for myself it was awesome!

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tanya S

Dear Tanya S,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with the TripAdvisor world. We appreciate your feedback! We are so pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay and were happy with the cleanliness of the room. We strive to provide a clean room and great customer service. We look forward to your next visit with us in Myrtle Beach!