“Had a great time”

Ranked #135 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
MARION
“Had a great time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

Me and my children stayed there June 2011, we had an angle oceanfront suite. The rooms were clean upon arrival. Daily maid service was sporadic and had to ask for towels a couple of times, but overall was a great motel. Loved the pools and entertainment nightly. Breakfast buffet was good. great view of the ocean and boulevard.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank TRISHFOWL
BluewaterResort1, Guest Relations Manager at BlueWater Resort, responded to this review, 22 December 2011
Dear Trishfowl,

Thank you for recommending Bluewater Resort to the members of the travel community here on Trip Advisor. I 'm glad to hear that your overall experience was an enjoyable one. We have reviewed the housekeeping logs to locate and correct the service gaps you pointed out so that we may provide a more seamless and consistent experience going forward. Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We look forward to seeing you and your family again soon!

Christa Phibbs
Guest Services Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Williamstown, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2011

After reading all the reviews on this site we almost canceled our reservation. I am glad we did not. When we arrived we were greeted by the staff and were impressed with the unit. Everyone was super friendly and answered any questions that we had. Throughout the week if we had a question it was answered promptly and with enthusiasm. I also observed Bluewater staff members cleaning bathrooms, mopping, collecting garbage, painting throughout the duration of our stay. I want to address a couple of the common complaints of other reviews. I did not smell urine in the elevators, although when we arrived I did smell a distinct smell. I realized they had just mopped the elevator floors and think that may be what the smell is that some other reviewers are complaining about. The pools are small however I believe the pictures on Bluewater's site show what they have accurately. I did notice some sand in the pool closest to the ocean. However, I watched several people come off of the beach and jump in the pool, thus tracking sand into the pool. Our room had an oceanview which overlooked the pool and I observed one of the workers cleaning the pool daily. I also noticed that some complained about the size of the tvs. I do not go on vacation to watch tv. The tvs are fine. I did notice in anther unit they had a large flat screen tv. So I think that just depends on the unit. We would definitely stay here again.
We stayed in 905 through Global Connections. If you are staying there a few tips that the Global Welcome Book does not tell you:
Ice Machines are on even floors.
Trash chute is at the end of the hallway.
If you are staying through Global you are not eligible for the free breakfast.
Internet is slow!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
7 Thank Kimi1019
Dear Kimi1019,

Thank you for taking the time to read all our prior reviews and for writing such a thorough review as a result of your own visit. We are certainly glad you decided to give Bluewater Resort the opportunity to serve you and your family. I look forward to sharing your feedback with our team and hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Christa Phibbs
Guest Service Manager
Kingston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2011

I'll start off with the positive: Pools were nice and clean. Bar was good. Friendly bartender. Beautiful beach front. Breakfast was good. Servers very nice.
Negative: We stayed in a efficiency apartment. Upon arrival around 7 in the evening after driving 10 hours we were plenty tired and looking forward to a relaxing evening. Entering our room we were disappointed right off the bat. Stained carpet, very dated furniture, gross bathroom. I wouldn't dare walk barefoot in there! We found peanut shells under a table! We stayed the 2 nights we booked since it would have been difficult to find another place to stay. We will never go back there.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
8 Thank buckeyegirl56
BluewaterResort1, General Manager at BlueWater Resort, responded to this review, 30 November 2011
I would like to take this opportunity to respond to your review about your previous stay at BlueWater. We now have a new management team in place. It really concerned me when I went to TripAdvisor and saw some of the comments that were posted. I want you to know that these situations are being confronted with the most extreme urgency. A new staff that is dedicated to customer service is now at your disposal. I encourage you to return to BlueWater to witness the changes that have been made, to make customer service our #1 priority!

Travellers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Hendersonville, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2011

What on earth has happened to this place?! I stayed here last summer with my family in a lovely 2 bedroom oceanfront condo and we had a wonderful time. It was our first time here and everything was great. The price was reasonable and everyone from the staff to the guests we met were so friendly and welcoming. The property was clean and everything about our stay was great. We couldn't wait to come back. So you can imagine our shock when we returned this year and found EVERYTHING had changed! The property is filthy! I'm not kidding ... not dirty but FILTHY! The front desk staff were rude and cold. Our unit was dirty with everything from dead bugs to hairs in the sink. Lights weren't working, carpets weren't vacuumed and it reeked of cigarette smoke! There was a strong smell of urine in the elevators and the outside hallways and the other guests were ... to put it kindly ... frightening. We stayed all of about 30 minutes and left. We tried to talk to the people at the front desk about our concerns but they just said there was nothing they could do and we could leave. So we did! I am SO disappointed! I've never seen anything change like this in my life! PLEASE don't go to this place!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
9 Thank Stacey B
Concord, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2011

We rented our unit 905 from global connections. When we arrived it seemed ok from outside. Once we took the elevator up I started to worry. The elevator landing area needs some serious updating!!!! It's very scary looking. The elevators smelled like pee. My husband had to park two blocks down and walk back!!!!

I opened the door to the room and it didn't look as bad inside. However the TVs were all from the 80s :-(. Also the air didn't work. I had to call maintenance and the air was set at 73 but it was 79 in our room. It took them 5 hours to finally get it fixed. There was a bunch of lint, and dust etc on the coils and they had frozen up.

The tub wouldn't drain. The floors were sandy when we went in. The microwave was so small!!!!
There are three beds in this unit. Three queens. No king bed. The bathrooms had hair on the floor and the baseboards were gross. The bedsheets had hair on them and one of the pillows had makeup on them :-(

Not a good experience.

One plus: it's location. Beach front and also it has a nice bar downstairs with music nd karaoke. But it can get loud if you have young kids trying to sleep.

• Stayed August 2011