Message from TripAdvisor:

“Beach Colony - Great Price/Location”

Beach Colony Resort
Ranked #27 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
gjwoodsjr
“Beach Colony - Great Price/Location”
Reviewed 11 November 2011

Stayed at the Beach Colony in August 09. The area of this hotel is at the end away from the crowds. The beach was less than 100 feet from the hotel and was very clean. The room was exceptionally clean. Had the ocean view room which was nice, both in th morning and when the sun went down. Great view and great pitcures.. The outside pools were always clean and the lazy river was not as big as others in other hotels, but was still nice. The room had a small kitchenette which was great if you just wanted to releax in the room and cook something yourself. Never had any issues with the staff. From the location of the hotel you could get to other attraction fairly easy. I would have to say that I looked over many hotels in that area before picking the Beach Colony and boy am I glad,

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gerry W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (494)
Roan Mountain, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 10 November 2011

Although the weather didn't cooperate during our stay the last weekend in October, we were very pleased with Beach Colony. A great location away from the bustle of the crowded area but close enough to enjoy everything. The condo was clean, well furnished, and the staff was great. We were greeted by every employee we met and made to feel welcome. I will certainly visit this resort the next time I head to Myrtle Beach, and will recommend it to all my friends.

2 Thank Walter S
Darlington, South Carolina
Reviewed 9 November 2011

My husband had a work conference at the Beach Colony and we took our 11 and 13 year old children with us. The room was very comfortable and the hotel is conveniently located to the area attractions/restaraunts. However, in the three days we were there we had no positive experience with the employees. Even though we were on the beach until about 3 or later, no one cleaned our room. After that we put up the "do not distrurb" sign and later that evening found a card that said they'd attempted to clean but we'd not had the room available. I have never heard of cleaning after 3! The day we left I called to request a late check out (CHECK OUT IS AT 10!) since the conference wasn't over till 11. They told me they would check and then call me back. After a couple hours of this, the person in charge of housekeeping finally showed up at work and called my room to tell me the cleaning people were waiting to get in. It was only 9:30! I told her I was waiting for her to call me back and I'd left a request but she said she'd just arrived and they had a busy day and housekeeping had to get to work early. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE DO THEY ALLOW LATE CHECKOUT! The children and I were welcome to use the pool/beach facilities and store our belongings at the front desk. Now really, does anyone want travel with wet, sandy children? So the kids and I started to haul all the luggage to the car only to find the cleaning cart TOTALLY blocking our exit. I had to put down my strategically balanced load and move the cart to the wall of the extremely narrow walkway. So my advice is that for a Myrtle Beach hotel (and we have stayed in a lot!) it was one of the best rooms! But if you are looking for a place to be pampered and catered to, this is not the place.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank homeschoolmom2015
RobDVMB, Manager at Beach Colony Resort, responded to this review, 10 November 2011
The management and staff at Beach Colony Resort would like to take a moment to thank you for staying with us and for all the kind things you had to say about our wonderful resort. We do however want to apologize for the issues you had with the service you received. Just to clarify a couple things, check out time at Beach Colony Resort is and always has been 11:00am. The housekeepers do start servicing rooms about 9:30 daily in order to get rooms done before 3:00pm check in. We would like to discuss this situation further so we can get more details and ensure this does not happen again. It is very important to us for you to feel welcomed and like Beach Colony is your home away from home. Please feel free to call or email Robert Dowd at your convenience. Thank you again for choosing Beach Colony Resort !

rob.dowd@beachcolony.com or 1-800-222-2141.
Walkertown, North Carolina
Reviewed 1 November 2011

I have stayed here several times over the years and I can honestly say it is the only place I plan to stay at from now on, My family and I stayed at BCR this last week and it was great, I do suggest you buy the breakfast with the room as it is cheaper as someone else noted the food is good and what you would expect from a buffet, the staff were all very friendly and helpful I was very pleased with that aspect, we rented several movies for my 3 year old son to entertain him while we planned our days out and it was really convenient to have that at the hotel, Our rooms were very nice and comfortable, nothing too fancy but that didn't bother us, the value is great especially in October, our beds were decently comfortable we were able to sleep without any problems for the most part, the hotel was very clean and well kept our rooms were always cleaned everyday as expected, the location is great it is near just about everything and the section of the beach wasn't too busy which was nice, all in all this is a wonderful place to stay I would recommend it to anyone staying down in MB.

3 Thank HunBun7208
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 31 October 2011

We loved everything about our stay at this resort, except for the beds. If the beds had even been average, then it would be a 5 out of 5. They were terrible. I was able to sleep alright, but my wife could hardly sleep at all they were so bad. The decor certainly wasn't fancy, but the condo was clean and had everything we needed and more. All of the staff we came in contact with was very helpful and very friendly. The amenities were also perfect for our short stay. I would recommend purchasing the breakfast passes when you book your room because it is cheaper than paying in person, and it comes with a beverage. The food was pretty good too. Like I said, everything about the property was great, except for the uncomfortable beds.