Ocean Creek Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Ocean Marsh Resort and Villas(North Myrtle Beach)
  • Beachfront
North Beach Plantation(North Myrtle Beach)
View Hotel
Beach Cove Resort(North Myrtle Beach)
View Hotel
Shore Crest Vacation Villas(North Myrtle Beach)
View Hotel
Edgewater Inn(North Myrtle Beach)
View Hotel
Emerald Cove I(North Myrtle Beach)
View Hotel
Tricia Lynn Motel(North Myrtle Beach)
  • Pool
Windy Hill by EVRentals(North Myrtle Beach)
1,287 results
All reviewsbarefoot landingnorth towerbedroom lodgetennis villasgarden homesscreened in porchfour seasonsgated communityminute walk to the beachprivate owneracross the streetbeach barprivate beachindoor poolgolf cartthe past yearsup to date
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 July 2010

We had a 3 bed/3 bath o/view condo. The room was very spacious with a great view. The beds were very comfortable. The resort is in a great location, the beach is not that crowded because there is only beach houses on one side of the resort. The grounds around the reort are very well maintained. There is a pond with ducks and turtles, lots of palm trees, it really is a beautiful place. It is located across from Barefoot Landing, and there are a lot of really good restaurants nearby. We went to the pool bar for smoothies and lunch. The burgers and hotdogs were good, of course overpriced, but I did not like the drinks, and I certainly did not care for the guy that ran the pool bar. He was very rude, acted like he was doing you a favor by serving you. To whomever hired him you might do more business if you got rid of him and got someone who could actually make good drinks! We did have a problem with parking a couple of times, we were in a suv with a luggage rack so we could not park on the lower level,we had to drive over and to the south tower and park there and walk back to the north tower. They should limit the outside parking to only large vehicles, to solve this problem. Overall this is a very nice place to stay, Be prepared to walk a lot even if you stay in one of the towers, the resort does sit off of the beach a good distance, and it is a not an easy walk when you are carrying all your beach stuff. There is a shuttle, but they are carrying people from the tennis villas that are really quite a distance from the beach, and be prepared to dodge all the golf carts going across the bridge to the beach. I would stay here again if I got a good deal , Only because I got tired of the walk to and fom the beach.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank GeorgiaTrippers
Reviewed 19 July 2010

If when making reservations and you request an updated room, and they tell you they cant guarantee that..They really mean it. Loved the space w 2bdrm 2 bath OF balcony, but if you are funny as I am about updated clean space you may want to book with a personal owner..They only keep the beach club/bar open until 6p, and they lack community areas to congregate w family and friends. The location is awesome!! Customer Service was friendly, but next time I will stay at the property next to it, is beautiful and new. North Beach Towers.

Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank EvaVony
Reviewed 18 July 2010

My husband,myself, son and best friend stayed at this Resort. I suffer with Fibromyalgia which is a type of chronic pain. We were there for our anniversary and my husband's birthday. This trip was one of the most peaceful and relaxing trips we have taken. The facility was excellent and clean. My pain level at one time was zero, which hasn't happened in years. The area is very convenient and it has a lot of things to do there. Thank everyone for such a peaceful and relaxing place. Also, the staff was so helpful and friendly. I would absolutely recommend Ocean Creek in the future as well as stay again.

• Stayed: June 2010
2  Thank ljhand1
Reviewed 13 July 2010

we stayed at Ocean Creek from June 28th through July 2nd. From the moment we pulled into the drive, we were thrilled and in a state of awe right down until the moment we left. We chose to stay in one of the Lodge Villas and I could write a book and not say enough about how much we truly enjoyed our stay at Ocean Creek. Originally we planned to visit Destin, Florida for our family vacation this year but due to the oil spill we decided to try Myrtle Beach and it truly turned out to be one amazing trip.
I read the reviews about Ocean Creek after already having booked our room and the more I read the more concerned I became. Especially when it came to the comments on the roaches. YUCK! Prior to hopping on the airplane and heading that direction I was really beginning to worry that I had perhaps chosen the wrong place. First of all....let me clear up the comments on roaches. NO roaches...not one! In fact, what these people call roaches really aren't roaches at all. They are called Palmetto Bugs and they were not an issue. We saw 3 the entire week that we were in Myrtle Beach. 3 of these things and not a single one of them were at the resort. NONE. And certainly not in our room. NO bugs in our room. None.
Secondly. I didn't see any of the other rooms but our room was amazing. It was decorated in beachy colors from the ceiling to the floor, including all the furniture, pictures, lamps, dishes, accessories etc. It was a 2 bedroom, 2 bath villa. In a familiar expression...it was clean enough to eat from the floor. Everything in this villa was up to date and breathtaking. If I could write a letter to the owner expressing how much this room meant to us during our stay, I sincerely would.
The service was above and beyond any expectations we might of had. Housekeeping supplied us with everything we needed everyday and were always right down the hall if we were to need anything else.
The entire property was nothing less than beautiful. It was as if you were in the "country" yet nestled perfectly right in between the ocean and the activities of North Myrtle Beach. It was so peaceful and homey.
We were about a 5 minute walk to the beach. There were paths to walk on and it was a nice pleasurable walk through the trees and nature.
And of course the beach was all we hoped for and more. The "creek" was a lot of fun. It seemed to be a great place for families with smaller children. To get away from the waves of the ocean, they could just walk over to the calm creek and play to their hearts desire.
My children are 14 and 9 and you can bet....you will see us again at Ocean Creek resort. The sooner the better.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
6  Thank Braelyhn
Reviewed 11 July 2010

We stayed at the Ocean Creek Plantation Resort through a vrbo and we pleased. Let's give the positives. The condo was clean and very well stocked with 6 beach towels, cooler, umbrella and beach chair rental included, incredibly stocked kitchen. The covered garage was clean and well secured (security guards on site at all times). The elevators were quick, hot but quick, and there were carts as well as shopping carts to help you get your things to your room. I would suggest attaching something to the carts so that people cannot take them into their room and keep them. There are at least 4 parking areas by the doors for loading and unloading your vehicle. The pools are clean and well maintained. We stayed in the south tower and were not allowed to use the north tower pool which I found weird since it is on the resort. The creek is interesting with lots of little crabs, ducks, fish and turtles. The beach was clean and oil free with lifeguards on site. The Barefoot Landing shopping area is right across the street, too far to walk if you are staying in the tower.

A few negatives..........even if you stay in the towers, you are quite a walk from the beach and it is not ocean front. The balconies are right on top of each other making privacy almost impossible when you are out there. There are only two charcoal grills on the entire resort and they are sort of hidden near the villas. The pool near the beach is salt water and very irritating to your eyes, maybe we were just sensitive, but we chose not to go to this one very often. However, we spent the majority of the time on the beach under our umbrella.

All and all, we had a great vacation here. We just prefer the gulf, but our teen girls (all four of them) enjoyed their vacation here, and that is what is most important!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family