We stayed in the South Tower last year. The unit was less expensive than the others and the decor was a little dated. The owner did put accurate pictures on VRBO so I cant complain - It was assumed thats why it was cheaper than other units. My only real complaint was that the kitchen was dirty. It was just easier to clean it myself and know it was done right than waste time causing a fuss. I did call the owner to let him know (actually the management co who represented to owner). He didnt offer to do anything about it but I was really calling to let him know - just in case other things came up or in case there was any problem with us getting OUR security deposit back. Keep in mind, you are paying a cleaning fee so you have the right to demand it be done, it just wasnt worth it for me. Other than that, the grounds are beautiful and the unit was what I expected.
I personally think some of these bad reviews are a little over the top - its not the Ritz. Its a nice family resort. ASK QUESTIONS before you arrive (especially if renting from an owner). Each unit it different. ASK about bath and beach towels, ask how many chairs/umbrellas are in the beach locker, etc dont wait till you get their and then complain. Honestly if the sheets are dirty, call the owner and tell them! Many times an owner will be very happy to have you run to walmart down the street and get new ones that youll be reimbursed for. Everyone is happy and it doesnt ruin your vacation! As someone who rents our own property in MA on VRBO as well as books our vacations through them, you shouldnt assume. Ask questions and plan accordingly and you'll have a great time! We are booking our vacation now to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Message from TripAdvisor: Condominiums at the Ocean Creek Resort are owned and operated by several different management companies, so quality and service standards may vary. If you wish to book a specific unit or a unit owned or managed by a specific company, please ask about that unit before booking your trip. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hooroo Pty Ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Ocean Creek Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Creek Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Ocean Creek Resort Myrtle Beach
- Ocean Creek Myrtle Beach