“Great food, service, and atmosphere ”
Review of The Grumpy Monk

The Grumpy Monk
Ranked #147 of 954 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Our family really enjoyed eating dinner at the Grumpy Monk. The food was great and the atmosphere was fun. It was not too rowdy for our 8 and 11 y.o. They enjoyed listening in on trivia night. Food portions were ENORMOUS and the food quality was great! (Especially the burgers!) We would dine here again of ever in the area.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

We actually went there a few times during our golf trip. They have a great happy hour and a great beer selection. For some reason, it seemed hard to find a good IPA on draft in Myrtle. Although this place didn't disappoint. The bartenders were great. Fast service and right on top of things. In fact, the second day we were there, the bartender remembered our drink of choice from the previous visit.( I didn't remember what the beers name was that I was drinking) The food is really good. Skip the chain restaurants nearby and go to the Grumpy Monk for a great experience and a fun atmosphere.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

This place is becoming our Sunday regular. Food is always delicious, portions are huge and you can't beat their happy hour appetizer and drink special. Happy hour is all day on Sunday. :)

Reviewed 26 March 2018

I really wanted to love this place. We had every intention of staying for a beer and food. We sat at the bar, and there was no bartender at the bar for almost 10 minutes while we waited patiently. My wife politely asked one of the waitresses to see if the bartender could come over to the bar so that we could order. The bartender came over and immediately gave us an attitude because he was busy and was extremely rude and sarcastic to the point which I almost lost my temper and left. Not wanting to ruin our night out, I maintained my composure, we had a beer because we drove 30 minutes out of the way to try this place. We had a beer, and my wife was uncomfortable due to the rudeness of this bartender, and decided to eat out somewhere else. It is sad how one disgruntled employee can ruin what looked like a good place. Maybe he was having a bad night and took it out on us, as I am a pretty patient person, and am hard to get under my skin, but he almost did it. Other than that, it looked like a good selection of craft beers, and a decent menu of pub food. I will not be back to try it. Maybe you will have better luck on a better day.

Reviewed 21 March 2018

On our annual golf trip to Myrtle Beach area with 8 guys. We stopped here on Thursday night after golf and it was so good we went back on Saturday. Bar food but better than average for bar food. The service on both nights was excellent. Lots of beer on tap, lots of TV's (it was the final weekend for NCAA basketball conference tournaments). The wait staff was pleasant, patient and prompt. About a 30 minute wait on Saturday night prime time but the bar had plenty of cold beer to pass the time. This will be on our list to revisit on our next Myrtle Beach golf trip.