1,355 results
All reviews self parking hgvc owners service elevator full kitchen beautiful hotel sales pitch hot tub stainless steel appliances time share three bedroom per day higher floor washer dryer living room pool bar across the street off season
Reviewed 30 October 2015 via mobile

We stayed for a fall vacation getaway through our HGVC ownership. It is a beautiful building with very friendly and helpful staff. I feel the people are one of the biggest assets to the whole experience we had here. The pool area was perfect for us- warm indoor/cool outdoor pool and large hot tub. Very nice concept. Being fall- there were less guests to compete with for elevator and pool space so we didn't have any issues. Check in was smooth and we were in an ocean view 1 bedroom on 24th floor. View was nice, but I was expecting a full on ocean front view so kind of sad to not get that experience. I was also a little disappointed in our room. There is a shower, but no tub in this type room. Vacation is one of the few times I actually take a long bath. The decor is modern and nice, but doesn't feel very homelike to me. Just a personal preference though. Beds are amazing and the ceiling fans are like jet propellers!!! A great perk. Walking distance to a few great places to eat and Boardwalk is close enough to walk. We didn't mind self parking in garage just a short walk except one rainy day was a challenge. Unlimited DVD rentals was a nice touch for cooler rainy days. Being new in first phase of a bigger development - it is still having some growing pains. Advice- good for adult only vacations, get a room above 10th floor, 3 bedroom suites have ocean FRONT views, 2 bedrooms have tubs and showers, be patient with elevators during busy times. Overall, a good experience, but I probably would not choose this resort again due to personal preference only.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
hiltongrandvacations, Manager at Ocean 22 by Hilton Grand Vacations, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2015

It is with the utmost pride and sincerity that our team here at Ocean 22 by Hilton Grand Vacations say thank you for such an AWESOME review! We will gladly accept this review, and disperse this amongst the resort staff. It brings me a great deal of joy to see that you enjoyed all the amenities you mentioned at Ocean 22 by Hilton Grand Vacations. We hope that you will be coming back to visit us soon in the near future.

Guest Services Manager

Reviewed 29 October 2015

Excellent resort with great ocean view. Many excellent restaurants nearby. Go to River City for fantastic burgers. Don't be misled by the appearance. Sea Captain's Restaurant has excellent seafood. The elevator problems have been fixed.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Grand Vacations
1  Thank Stephen R. D

Thank you for such an insightful review, the resort staff is will be elated with your response. We agree wholeheartedly, Ocean 22 by Hilton Grand Vacations is a real joy to be a part of with so many different options to offer our guests. We truly feel that reviews like this really make our resort and the experience that much sweeter. Once more, allow me to thank you for taking time out of your day to provide Ocean 22 by Hilton Grand Vacations with such great feedback.

Guest Services Manager

Reviewed 29 October 2015

I was traveling through on business and had a few day to kill. The hotel offered a great rate so I took a chance. I booked a room with an ocean view. You would think you could see the ocean; right? Well technically you could if you looked out between the next door building and the hotel. I was on the 12th floor facing north and had VERY limited view of the ocean because or the 15 story building next door. I asked to be moved higher but after the discussion with the check-in folks I wasn't sure it was worth the hassle. Starting at 10:00am I had to call in every hour or so until they cleaned a room the next day. I thought maybe they could give me a call when ready, but alas no. Room was to perfection. Loved it and the pool area. Self parking is a block away, but no big deal. There is no restaurant but lots of good places near by to dine. This is an owner/timeshare property and I think they cater a little more to the owners and share owners than to regular travelers. All in all a good experience except for the whole bad view thing and no place for breakfast.

Room Tip: If you want a good view you will need to be at the 15th floor or higher.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 October 2015

We liked the location and the suite was nice. The elevator service is ridiculously slow. Does not compare well to other Hilton Grand Vacation properties. One must wonder why there is no service elevator??? All in all, not bad but prefer the Anderson Ocean Club which is the other Hilton timeshare property in Myrtle Beach.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Grand Vacations

We apologize for the gradualness of our elevators, we understand the challenges that have been presented in light of the elevators. Our resort team is working as effectively, and efficiently to make certain that we improve in this area of our operation. Safe travels to you and your family.

Guest Service Manager

Reviewed 27 October 2015

We (myself and husband) on behalf of our Agency GoAdeTravel did a site visit of this new Hilton Vacation Resort property which opened in July of this year. We were most pleasantly surprised. Staying at Ocean 22 was like being teleported from Ocean Blvd.to a secluded, peaceful and rejuvenating hideaway. This property offers one, two and three bedroom suites which are oceanfront or ocean view. Our three bedroom ocean front suite was elegant, spacious, quiet, comfortable and the views were fantastic! The balcony seats 4 easily and the suite is equipped with a full kitchen, washing machine and dryer just like home! The amenities that come with your resort fee save you money and provide unlimited entertainment too. Did I mention the bedding and bathrooms? Well, the beds are absolutely comfortable, the bathtubs are deep and the showers are spacious. The customer service was excellent! KeKe at the front desk and Donna at the concierge desk provided us with warm, friendly customer service! I can tell they are valued employees with excellent customer service skills. This Hilton Resort was truly impressive and I am sure we will be returning in the near future!

Room Tip: Choose an Oceanfront room vs the Ocean view.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
hiltongrandvacations, General Manager at Ocean 22 by Hilton Grand Vacations, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2015

Thank you for your review of our property, Ocean 22. We appreciate the kind words about our team, we agree that KeKe and Donna are assets to our team! We look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Erik Johnson