“The perfect honeymoon spot!”

Marina Inn at Grande Dunes
Ranked #6 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 10 February 2012

My husband and I spent our honeymoon here in August of 2011. It was absolutely perfect! Even though the weather forecast was calling for rain and storms all week it was sunny, hot and dry! Apparently much of their summer forecast calls for storms but they only usually hit in small pockets so that was great to hear! The hotel staff was great! They went above and beyond. We did a honeymoon package and would definitely recommend that to anyone going there on a romantic vacation! It included a full (nice!) breakfast buffet and a 3 course dinner for one night of your stay! (that was wonderful!!!) The pool was super nice and we only ventured down to the ocean one day. We loved eating at the restaurant right on the dock and if you went there during happy hour they had great prices for apps and drinks! We are already planning on taking another trip here in the near future. The one thing to note is that it is kind of far from the main Myrtle Beach attractions so you probably want to rent a car. Also, we stayed in one of the smaller suite room and we would sooo recomend it! It was so nice and if you don't have them clean it every day they give you a voucher, which is good to use at any of their onsite restaurants.

Room Tip: Ask for a room a few floors up and facing the channel.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ecourt
PRShelley, Manager at Marina Inn at Grande Dunes, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2012

Thanks Ecourt for taking the time to comment abour your honeymoon stay at the Marina Inn in August. We like to hear that honeymoon couples enjoy themselves by being able to experience all that Myrtle Beach has to offer such as the beach without being in the middle of a crowded locaiton - especially during the summer months. Also, just to let you know - it never rains in Myrtle Beach :) ........ But when it does, it passes over quickly! Thanks for mentioning our green initiative where you receive a hotel credit if you choose to go green! It is a great program and guests appreciate the choice.

Reviewed 3 February 2012

We rented a 2 bedrooms condo for 10 days with view on the canal. The condo was really nice; spacious and clean. I cooked every day and loved the convenience with a young child. There's also a grocery store across the street. The hotel is nice overall. The food at the restaurants was delicious ! The shuttle buses to the beach was easy and quick. The beach was very nice and the ocean very warm ! The staff was very nice. The only thing I would complain about is the cleaniness of the pool. After a few days you could see an oily cloud on the water and it was still there when we left. This hotel will be perfect if it was right on the beach.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Clelia
Reviewed 29 January 2012

I stayed here for only one night but received the service of a 5-star hotel. Everything is clean and the hotel is well staffed -- no waiting lines, someone always outside to help with valet! Although not "beachfront," the hotel is a great location if you are on business OR if you would like to visit the attractions and shopping places (nearby outlet) of Myrtle Beach. The restaurant inside and the nearby Ruth's Chris makes it ideal for business meetings. But it is kid-friendly as well. The traffic is not as bad in this area which is a bonus. I will return!

Room Tip: The view of the pool is nice.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank TravelWiseSC

Hello TravelWiseSC...Thank you for choosing the Marina Inn for your one night stay in January. Business travelers like yourself appreciate our central location to all that Myrtle Beach has to offer, yet enjoy the seclusion of the 2200 acre Grande Dunes Resort. We hope that you will consider a return visit in the future whether for business, personal or both!

Reviewed 25 January 2012

This hotel was fantastic, from the staff to the facilities. The one thing that made it amazing and being home from home was the room, which had 2 x bedrooms , 2 x bathrooms, Kitchen , dining area, lounge and balcony. Staff were really helpful making sure we found our way around the local area. We were stuck at the hotel when the hurricane hit last summer and the staff kept us up to speed with all the news . We were worried the pool was too small after reading the reviews, but it was ample size. But the beach was amazing and with a free shuttle running back and forth it was easy. If I had to find fault the service at the pool bar was a little slow to to under staffing on a couple of the days we were there, but apologies were made.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank JBL13London
Reviewed 23 January 2012

I had seen the Marina Inn at Grande Dunes on TripAdvisor and had tentatively reserved it for this year's July 4th week. We will be staying in Myrtle Beach for a national dance competition and I wanted to find a place that would allow us to get away from all of the craziness of Myrtle Beach and enjoy some peace and quiet. We had stayed at the Marriott Grande Dunes last summer and, while it was nice, it was so large and crowded that I was interested in finding somewhere else for this year.

I had the opportunity to travel to Myrtle Beach this past week on business and decided to take the opportunity to check out the Marina Inn at Grande Dunes. Granted, it is the off season, but I have to say, this place appears to have everything I was looking for and more. Situated on the Intercoastal Waterway, it is close enough to the action and yet far enough away to be soooo relaxing, calm, and peaceful. The room (a Mediterrian Club Suite) complete with gas fireplace, was so large that I actually got tired walking from one end to the other! I had a gorgeous view of the marina and intercoastal waterway. I could also see Rt 17 (and heard it a little) but it was not distracting. There is a Lowe's Foods right across the road making it easy to fill up the very nicely equipped kitchen. There is a full size fridge with water and ice in the door, granite countertops - just gorgeous. The bathroom is very nice - almost as nice as our newly renovated dream bathroom at home.

Now, the food. OMG. It was restaurant week and so I got an amazing three course meal for $28. The appetizer was an asian shrimp dish - the most melt-in-your-mouth shrimp I think I've ever had. Very fresh - my mouth is watering just thinking about it. Tile fish was the main entree - fresh off the dock at Murrell's Inlet. And the desert - the most amazing creme brule I have ever had with a chocolate chip biscotti (I took it back to my room for later) and topped with frosted flakes covered in dark chocolate. I had to stop myself from licking the plate. Breakfast the next day was just as good - a gorgeous fruit plate and smoked salmon, cream cheese, capers, onions, tomatoes, cucumbers, and a bagel. And, the dining staff at dinner was particularly attentive. It was like I was dining in their own home - very, very welcoming and clearly proud of the experience they were providing. And, they should be! I didn't go there, but there is also a Ruths Chris Steakhouse right next door. Very upscale.

Parking is free which is a bonus over the Marriott Grande Dunes (they charge $12/day). Something a little unique is that there is no check in desk. Instead, there are two desks in the lobby where you sit to check in and out. Very homey.

Now I can't wait to go back this summer! We have a two bedroom, two bath suite and I know it will be a great place to relax and unwind during a very stressful competition week.

Oh, and one thing more thing to note. Once you have stayed there once you are entitled to a 20% discount for a return stay with some blackout dates (like the summer). But, this is still a great deal for a very beautiful property.

I am not a big Myrtle Beach fan as I find many places to be tired and run down and overall pretty trashy. However, this is a gem. I'm almost afraid to tell you about this for fear that it will make this place more popular. But, I can't keep it to myself! Try the Marina Inn at Grande Dunes. If you don't mind not being right on the ocean (but instead a short shuttle ride away) and are OK with an Intercoastal view instead of a beach view - then this will be a GREAT place to relax and be pampered.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
6  Thank ghrnc

Hi GHRNC! We appreciate your detailed review of the Marina Inn and thank you for reserving a room with us this coming summer. Yes, for folks that are looking for a place that is a step away from the heavy activity of Myrtle Beach, the Marina Inn is the perfect spot yet we are still close to all of the top activities and attractions. Thank you for appreciating the fresh & unique options that are available at WaterScapes, our award winning, sustainable dining restaurant. There is always something new and unique on the menu! We are very glad that you found your gem in Myrtle Beach. We look forward to your visit with us again this summer!