“Breakfast”

Sea Captain's House
Reserve with OpenTable
Sea Captain's House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #76 of 957 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Price range: USD 0 - USD 25
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The Sea Captain's House has been a staple in Myrtle Beach cuisine since the 1960's. Family owned and operate, they pride themselves in preserving true hospitality values and providing relaxing dinning experience with great food. Serving a delicious buffet style breakfast, a full lunch and dinner menu with the freshest local seafood; the Sea Captain's Houses continues to be a local and visitor's favorite.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Great breakfast at captains house at Caribbean resort with our golf group this week . Staff very attentive and friendly every day. Good selection of food to choose from before hitting the links. You can get a omelette made to order in addition to the buffet .

Write a ReviewReviews (5,911)

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

It had been a few years since we had eaten here.
Decided to grab a late lunch after shopping at nearby Broadway On The Beach.
Big Mistake.
From the drinks to the entree.
Nasty.
Bloody Mary sparse garnishes were wilted and discolored.
Grilled Salmon burnt outside, undercooked inside.
Grilled oysters tiny, tough and tasteless.
Blue crab sandwich greasy, chewy and bland.
Service was slow.
View is nice.
Food was unacceptable..
Very disappointing.
We will not be back.

1  Thank John P
Marissa M, Manager at Sea Captain's House, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

Dear John P.

Good evening. As a Front of the House Manager, it was disheartening to read your review, but I appreciate you taking the time to point out some areas that we could easily improve on. It seems as if you disclosed most of your disappointments with the food and service, but if you would like to discuss your experience in further detail, I would like the opportunity to speak with you. Please email me at marissa.mcmullen@seacaptains.com. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

They were slammed busy because it is spring break. Since there were only 2 of us they told us 30-40 minute wait. We went to the bar where the bartenders were smiling and slinging drinks as fast as they could! Awesome drinks and atmosphere. When we were seated the waitress was great too. Let me tell you the She-crab soup is to die for. I want it again before we leave here. We had excellent ribeye steak and lobster tail. They even surprised us with an anniversary dessert. It was superb from beginning to end in a crazy busy time. Well done folks, well done!

Jimbo904,

As a Front of the House Manager, I could not be more pleased with your experience and review of the restaurant. After 55 years of being in business, THIS is what we strive for. We continuously do our very best to maintain a high level of quality food and service. We are dedicate to providing guests, such as you and your wife, a memorable experience that will last a lifetime. I would love to know who your server was, so we can give them a token of your appreciation on your behalf. Please email me at marissa.mcmullen@seacaptains.com, Thank you again for your review!

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Went at 6:00 on a Monday over Easter week. No wait to sit down. Ambiance nice a bit noisy. Waitress fine but not overly attentive. Drinks were fine, but pricey. Hush puppies were brought before food came, they were good. Salads, meh. Entrees were very long in coming. When they came they were decent. Not amazing. Glad to try it but prob not worth the money considering the wait. Won’t be back.

1  Thank Gigi G

Dear Gigi G,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Sea Captains House. We have been in business for over 55 years and this is not the last impression we want you to have. I see where you mentioned a couple areas in which we can improve, but I would still like the opportunity to speak with you about your experience in further detail. I am sure you can offer some suggestions that we may not have considered. Please email me at marissa.mcmullen@seacaptains.com, so we can connect and hopefully earn your business back. I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

We have been here many times and always return. This was the best meal we had on a long weekend trip. We had lunch on Saturday and it was fantastic. Food was great the the service the best we have had in a long time. We will continue to return