Review Highlights
Short but interesting

If you're into aliens and UFOs, this is a fun experience. It's a little short so be sure to take... read more

Reviewed 15 December 2016
ItsAllAMile
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Aliens Really

Not this year, but have been here. Priced high for what you get. Might be better for little... read more

Reviewed 8 October 2016
maureen407
Rockaway, New Jersey

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Myrtle Beach
from USD 21.50
from USD 16.11
from USD 30.09
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 July 2015

I had a great time at Encounters. The only reason I wouldn't give it a higher ranking is because it didn't take as long to go through as expected. For the price of admission (and we used a coupon), our group thought the experience should have been longer. We enjoyed all of it, but when we had finished walking around, we were thinking "that's it?" in terms of how long it took. I would guess that it took maybe an hour or so to go through, and I did read a lot of what was on the walls.

Some cool things about Encounters: I had never been to an alien museum before, so this was a fun, new experience for me. Our group also got some fun pictures here and it gave us something fun to do on a rainy day.

1  Thank love2travel713
Reviewed 24 February 2015

My wife and I went through this place .... The outside looks really interesting and I being the one who enjoys a good Alien conspiracy theory thought this was a cool place to visit. Wow was I wrong. The props were not very good at all. A lot of the props were torn and just poorly done. I figured by the outside of the place they would be better financed then what it actually is. I wish I would have just watched a few episodes of Ancient Aliens than have gone through this place. I am not a hard man to please by any means this place really was a disappointment.

2  Thank Justin H
Reviewed 6 December 2014

Love this place. It is like Ancient Aliens, but in a museum format. We went here on vacation just over a year ago. Good for families.

2  Thank Jaclyn P
Reviewed 7 September 2014 via mobile

Wast of $$$ and Time... what do cheasey movies have to do with a exhibition 9 Alien's. Wanted my money and time back. Don't bother with this one.

1  Thank Brian O
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

My mother and I stopped by to kill a few hours before a dinner reservation. It was a Saturday evening at about 6:30 and even though the broadway was busy the museum was not. It was $14 per adult so not as expensive as the aquarium and other attractions around Myrtle Beach. It was very cool inside which wAs a welcome escape from the heat. You go on a self guides tour with remotes that tell you about different exhibits. I enjoyed that part very much. I wasn't told of any no photo rules but a few spots around the museum told you it was great for photos. The staff was nice but not on top of you the whole time.

Some features of this attraction included listening to actual 911 calls reporting UFO sightings, sticking your hand in an aliens stomach to feel his guts, an alien "shooting range", and much more. Also movie props.

I want to go ahead and make this clear. At no point did anyone in a costume jump out to scare you. This is not a haunted house. Feeling the guts was sketchy but nothing moved or tried to scare you.

Someone else who reviewed it said it takes 10 minutes to go through. That's true. If you do not read anything on the walls or tables. If you actually look at everything there is to look at it would take hours I would guess. I could see how it could get boring for small children but it has very large fake aliens that entertain them. I didn't take it too seriously. It was cute and fun. We enjoyed it and I will be returning with friends and family from out of town.

9  Thank Toriej92