“It's ocean front, good food and drink!”
Review of Banditos Restaurant and Cantina - CLOSED

Banditos Restaurant and Cantina
Price range: USD 8 - USD 25
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 1 December 2016

There seems to be specials for certain hours especially on the tacos, which are good! We also liked the margaritas. We actually went two nights because we liked the patio seating area with the ocean view!! The second time we went there was live entertainment on the patio!

Reviewed 24 November 2016

Been almost exactly a year since I've been back in Myrtle Beach. Had to go and check out Banditos Mexican restaurant on the beach since I was blown away by the food last time.

Just like last time, ordered chili nachos and the beef chimchanga. Just like last time, the best chimi I've ever tasted. First the nachos. They don't scrimp here, one pile of nacho chips covered in goodies and chili piled high, covered in a melted cheese sauce. Absolutely delicious, left the three of us begging for more. The chimi came. again, absolutely mouth watering. Deep fried, packed with taco beef and swimming in melted cheese. Just as I remembered it from a year ago, almost decadent and delicious. The side dishes included black beans with lots of sauce and rice, soft and tender.

The other two with me one had the Mexican egg rolls and the other had a bowl of chili. After those nachos, just a bowl of chili is all you may have room for,

The service was top notch. Fast with the drink order, out with the chips and salsa, waited until we finished the plate of nachos before the mains came out and our server came back at least three times to make sure all was well and brought extra napkins because you'll need them.

Since it was happy hour, domestic drafts were $2 and Mexican drafts $3.

That's twice to Banditos and both times the beef chimi and the nacho's were superb. We'll be back in the area next spring and Banditos will be on the list of must go to restaurants.

Reviewed 17 November 2016

The food was great and the margheritas were even better!ere even better. The wait staff was courteous and prompt as well. The prices are very reasonable as well.

Reviewed 15 November 2016

Stopped in for lunch looking for something different. We sat outside for the view, our waitress was prompt and attentive. The food was mediocre, I had a fish and a shrimp taco that I would honestly eat again but the beans and rice were both totally dried out and the beans were completely unseasoned. It was as if they were just poured from a can on to my plate. If you enjoy this sort of thing and are looking for a great view of the beach, give them a try. Stick with the tacos, the shrimp one was PACKED with shrimp and seasoned very nicely.

Reviewed 10 November 2016

Rather empty when we arrived at 6:30, but crowds showed up at 7pm despite it being the beginning of off-season. Groups seemed to be having fun, enjoying drinks and apps before ordering dinner.
Our beers were served icy cold, just the way I like. Generous basket of chips with very mild salsa,but no offer of 'medium' or hot salsa that my hubby would have enjoyed more. My enchiladas were great with sauces that were just right for my touchy digestive system. Rice was too plain to really be called 'Mexican' or 'Spanish'.