“Underwhelming "Mexican" Great view of beach”
Review of Banditos Cantina

Banditos Cantina
Ranked #176 of 962 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Price range: USD 8 - USD 25
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: BANDITOS CANTINA IS BACK IN MYRTLE BEACH UNDER NEW OWNERSHIP. You'll find us at the same address as before, with a new modern vibe and many of your same authentic Mexican favorites, but you'll also love what's new: a drink menu packed full of creative concoctions... Tequilas you won't find elsewhere on the Grand Strand or Carolinas... and ocean views that you have to see to believe.
Reviewed 15 November 2016

Stopped in for lunch looking for something different. We sat outside for the view, our waitress was prompt and attentive. The food was mediocre, I had a fish and a shrimp taco that I would honestly eat again but the beans and rice were both totally dried out and the beans were completely unseasoned. It was as if they were just poured from a can on to my plate. If you enjoy this sort of thing and are looking for a great view of the beach, give them a try. Stick with the tacos, the shrimp one was PACKED with shrimp and seasoned very nicely.

Reviewed 10 November 2016

Rather empty when we arrived at 6:30, but crowds showed up at 7pm despite it being the beginning of off-season. Groups seemed to be having fun, enjoying drinks and apps before ordering dinner.
Our beers were served icy cold, just the way I like. Generous basket of chips with very mild salsa,but no offer of 'medium' or hot salsa that my hubby would have enjoyed more. My enchiladas were great with sauces that were just right for my touchy digestive system. Rice was too plain to really be called 'Mexican' or 'Spanish'.

Reviewed 7 November 2016

Had lunch here and the food was great. I also had the best
Pina Colada I have ever had. My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed the food and the service was also great. Banditos sits right on the ocean side and you can eat outside and look at the ocean and sand. Great views! Great food! Great drinks! Great service!

Reviewed 5 November 2016 via mobile

Great chips and salsa, friendly and fast service, offer both a vegetarian and gluten free menu as well as traditional Mexican fare. My cheese enchiladas were served with rice, beans pico de gallo, sour cream and lettuce and were quite tasty. My husband enjoyed the chicken chimichanga.

Reviewed 4 November 2016

Stopped in for lunch following mini-marathon, restaurant was oddly empty for Sunday afternoon following major event that ended blocks away. We were asked if we preferred sitting inside or outside. View of "outside" seating on Ocean Blvd was not the best so we asked for interior. As we were being seated, noticed another patio behind cafe along the beach and asked if that seating was available. Hostess replied with literally, "uh..." then walked off.

After being seated it took 12 minutes to be recognized by server, who quickly explained that she was only worker that day (despite Hostess, who at that point was gazing vacantly into space, and a few obvious "manager" types). Ten minutes later she took our drink order and got it wrong. Details like no-ice, no-lemon were not adhered to and two beverages were missed altogether. We asked for replacement, that never happened. After another ten minutes we provided our food order: Nachos, Cuban, Tacos (Carnitas and Fajita Steak). Also order appetizers. Appetizers never came, so I could not rate them here. Food arrived a while later and was okay, but nothing to get excited over. Cuban sandwich was not really a cuban: think pulled pork with cheese and a pickle on toast. Chips were given, but that seems standard fare. We did not receive beverage or water refill during meal (despite request).

Service was just horrible. I get being alone, but come on. Write things down, pay attention. Given that restaurant had 4, maybe five tables with guests, it isn't like there was a crowd.

Banditos R, Owner at Banditos Cantina, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2016

Hello,

We regret to hear that the service provided to you was so disappointing! Please know that this experience certainly was not indicative of our customer service ideals as we do understand that importance of efficient customer service. This will be addressed at our next staff meeting as this was unacceptable. Despite this experience, we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future!