Message from TripAdvisor:

Ranked #34 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Kodak
“Nice resort”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2012 via mobile

We found the sea watch on trip
advisor. Glad we did. The staff
was friendly and helpful. The
room was clean and had a lot
of space. The resort itself had
plenty of elbow room.

The only complaint we had was
the pools were nice and scattered
thru out the resort, but were too
cold for most guest to get in.
Especially in the evening. If the
pools were heated. I do not
think you could beat this resort
for the money.

Will be back next September, but
will check to see if the pools are
heated.

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank Bensunshine22
GeneralManagerSWR, General Manager at Sea Watch Resort, responded to this review, 26 September 2012
Thank you for the nice compliments about the staff and the resort. It sounds like you did enjoy your stay and we hope you visit again very soon. We do heat some of the pools in the off season and I will check the status on the temperature as it may need to be raised with the cooler nights we are having.

Kathy King

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (401)
Durham, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2012

Great location. Uncrowed beach. Huge Pool. Room very clean and comfortable. Best view I've ever seen of the ocean. Everyone was polite ie front desk, maid,restaurant, pool bar.
Sat outside for breafast. What a view!!! After 2days you may want something else.
Bed was comfy, and appeared to be clean.

I took off points for Time share sales pushy. Just say hello and keep it moving unless you are interested.

Room was very clean. Slightly dated, but clean. TV in bedroom is like a 19inch.
Now the ocean front is really kind of ocean view at a slight angle. but you still have the effects fo ocean front because the ocean seems so close!

Edys icecream on site is great ! However no bananas...

I saw lots of ppl with white and blue stripped towels. I did not know where to get the pool towels, so I went to the front desk and was handed some cheap thin towel. (more like a big wash cloth) I did not even use it. lol.. Anyway, I was told by the front desk person that the blue/white towels were for the timeshare owners. I was like oooo ok. but still I have been to other resorts, and they supply decent pool towels at the pool area. You just drop them off in a bin when finished. Not everyone steals..
I could make this my hotel of choice. Trust me, I have stayed at different hotels at Myrtle beach. I love the area near the Hilton. Its only a short walk.

I would say that the best part is the view of the ocean, and you feel like you are at a resort.
Just a quick drive to Tangler, Outlets, Restaurants, House of Blues, Barefoot landing, and the Mall. No need to drive way down to the main strip, unless you have teenagers, or if you want to ride the big ferris wheel..

ohhh I forgot,.. there is an envelope in the room to leave the maid a tip?. Well I did leave a few dollars, because my room was cleaned daily, and I did not feel that I had to worry about anyone stealing..

Great location/Resort to just kick back and relax!
The view of the campers are beautiful at night!

Room Tip: Rooms are slightly dated, but clean. Small tv in bedroom, but there is a flat screen in the living...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank shwanne1
GeneralManagerSWR, General Manager at Sea Watch Resort, responded to this review, 24 September 2012
We are honored to be your new vacation spot in Myrtle Beach! Thank you for letting others hear about your recent stay at Sea Watch. Refurbishing the units and the contents is a continuous work in progress and our goal is to get a lot more done over the winter months. We also plan to have a better pool towel available for Sea Watch Resort guests by next spring. Of course we are very proud of the unbeatable ocean views from the property and the centralized location to all Myrtle Beach has to offer. We look forward to hosting your next vacation and hopefully you will see some improvements were made.

Kathy King
Pittsburgh, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2012

I just returned from MB after staying at SeaWatch for a week in the south tower. We enjoyed our stay. After reading a couple of bad reviews on here, we were a little leery about what to expect on our trip. I must say that the resort was very well kept. The pool areas were the highlight, with 5 outdoor pools, 2 indoor pools, 2 lazy rivers, and plenty of hot tubs, we never felt like the resort was crowded. I enjoyed following my daughter from pool to pool as she had to try everyone of them out many times. We also saw that every morning during our trip, that the staff was busy cleaning the pools, which is nice to know that they take the time to ensure that things are sanitary. The beach was perfect, the room was spacious enough for 2 couples and 2 young children (2 br, south tower), and the breakfast was fantastic and priced appropriately. It would have been nice to have a bathroom on the first floor where the pools are, but was not a big issue for us. Would give 5 stars if there was a lounge area/restaurant for dinner, but overall, well done SeaWatch!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank NShuey
GeneralManagerSWR, General Manager at Sea Watch Resort, responded to this review, 21 September 2012
Thank you for sharing your recent vacation experience at Sea Watch Resort. I am so glad that everyone enjoyed their stay and that you had the opportunity to experience the enjoyment of the pools and beach through the eyes of your daughter. I will pass along your compliments to the breakfast staff and the grounds and pool cleaners. I do know that not having a bathroom on the ground level is very inconvenient however, they have not been permitted for oceanfront new construction for quite some time. We look forward to serving you as a Sea Watch Resort guest again in the near future!

Kathy King,
Lovingston, VA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2012

We choose to vacation after Labor Day when the crowds leave and decided to try a new resort this year in Myrtle Beach, the Sea Watch. Reception Staff was very good and prompt and took us no more than 5 min. to check in. The hotel is lovely and the pool areas are beautiful (the best we've seen along our morning walks). Our room was fine, not great but couldn't really argue for the great rate we had. One bedroom unit is smaller than appears on line and definitely could use some updating. T.V.s are old and small and one was missing remote. Maintenance did get us a new one right away. We did also have problem with safe not working and they could not fix it so that was a bit disconcerting over the next few days always worrying about locking things up in our trunk before heading to beach. There are no sharp knives in kitchen so bring your own and we only had 3 teaspoons in the drawer and no dish detergent if you wanted to hand wash a few things. The biggest problem we had (which I had previously read on line but figured it was a fluke) was that the wireless rarely works and when it does you might as well be on dial up. We had to go to the lobby every time and we run our own business so it was imperative we kept up with it. We called the web service and spent hours of our vacation time trying to solve problem and they ended up telling us it was on our end. They told all the other guests that too. One man even went to a computer shop only to find out there was nothing wrong with it. All the hotel needs to do is reboot the system but their computer guy told my husband he didn't know how. My husband told him how and he said he'd do it, but he didn't. Housekeeping services were very good. Keep in mind that after Labor Day their restaurant has limited services as do most of the other resorts. Would have been nice to get a little lunch on site, but we bought stuff and made our own. I am still giving this a four star rating just because we had an awesome time and there are problems everywhere and hey, these properties on Mrytle Beach are all getting outdated. We will recommend and probably go back next year. Hopefully they'll reboot their internet service by then.

Room Tip: Pool area is nicer and less children by the North Towers.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Deborah B
AGMSabrina, Manager at Sea Watch Resort, responded to this review, 16 September 2012
Thank you so much for sharing with us about your stay. I am very sorry that you had so much trouble with the internet service. Property Management has been working with Time Warner to improve the service connection. I will reach out to property management and let them know about the equipment needing to be rebooted so thank you for the information. I am glad that overall you had a nice time and we look forward to seeing you and your family again soon.

Sabrina Hilliard, AGM
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2012

This is a nice hotel overall, but the room has a slight smell we cant identify that won't go away. The rooms are well equipped with a full kitchen that includes a dishwasher. There are a lot of pools, but they are not heated; this is the time most guests would need a heated pool. It's very cold for swimming. The ocean is still warm and hot tubs are nice.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Simba131
Thank you so much for taking the time to share with us about your stay. I am not sure what room you stayed in but I would like an opportunity to look into the odor issue you described. If you would email me the room number you stayed in, that would be wonderful. Overall I am glad that you had a good vacation and we hope that you and your family will consider returning in the future.

Sabrina Hilliard, AGM