1,476 results
All reviews hibiscus spa pool area beautiful resort ocean front partial ocean view per day vacation club resort fee corner room beach chairs great pool common areas oceanview room ping pong time share spring break family vacation
Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights for a conference. I love Marriott's. This one has nice rooms. Great views, but if you are on the odd number rooms (1427 for us), just be prepared you won't hear any waves. If I'm staying at an ocean front hotel, I want to leave the window/door open so I can sleep to the sound of waves crashing. Well, you can't hear any waves because of the fans on top of the roof below. See photo... They ran non-stop.

Also, in the conference area, there was a fire sprinkler head that was soooo dusty. The bathrooms weren't kept up during the conference, running out of seat covers and one sink and soap dispenser was broken.

The lunch buffet we had for the conference both days was just OK. They had 2 serving lines set up, but both days they shut down one of the lines before everyone had gone through. People who were in the line they shut down had to go to the other line and get in the back of the line to wait. Wasn't really sure why that happened.

The pool area looked nice, but because of the conference and weather I wasn't able to visit it.

My biggest thing here was not being able to hear the ocean waves. If I come to this conference again next year, I will make sure that I am not on that side of the building.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

Great place to stay! We had a wonderful time and had a blast shopping! Nice resort and plenty to do. Enjoyed the entertainment and bar. It’s child friendly also. Can’t wait to go back to stay again. The rate was good.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 November 2017

We have stayed a number of times. Very clean with very good quality. They have recently refurbished the rooms. Clean lines and nice large shower. Bar is good and about in line with others prices. Relaxing with friendly employees.

Room Tip: Lower floors are as quiet as upper ones with a good view depending on location.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

I was attending a conference at the hotel. The rooms are nice but very few face the ocean. For a Beach Front hotel the position of the hotel does not take advantage of the views. My first room did not have any view. I also had issues with AC. I called and they sent someone up to look at it. He brought a new filter. When he opened the AC unit it was filthy. That is what I breathing. He changed it out but 4 hours later the room was still hot. Late in the evening I called down and was moved to a new room. It was nice and clean inside and had a bit of an Ocean View. The AC worked great. I was very happy about that. I was a bit disappointed that no-one apologized for the issue and the manager never called to follow up to make sure I was satisfied with my new room. I love the shower plenty of pressure and rain shower head. Nice soft towels. They provide robes as well. The pool and beach area are very nice and well maintained. The bar is nice and the food is decent. This location is also a Marriott Vacation Club. Those units are housed in separate buildings around the property. If I am in the area I would stay at this hotel again. I will make sure the AC works before I unpack.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Caitlin N, Front Office Manager at Myrtle Beach Marriott Resort & Spa at Grande Dunes, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2017

Good Afternoon Lorraine J,

On behalf of the entire Myrtle Beach Marriott Resort and Spa, I would like to thank you for taking the time to reach out to provide us with valuable feedback from your recent stay.

We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction here at our resort and providing all of our guests with a Top "10" Rated Experience. In reviewing your comments, it is clear we unfortunately did not meet your expectations. I wanted to personally apologize for the unacceptable condition of the first room you were checked in to. I assure you that the feedback you have provided was relayed to our Housekeeping and Engineering management team and will be addressed.
You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. Thank you again for bringing your concerns to our attention and providing us the opportunity to improve our operation. If I may be of further assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact me and I hope you have a great weekend!

Kindest Regards,

Caitlin N
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 6 November 2017

First, I will say this is a gorgeous venue. The valets and staff we encountered were very pleasant and friendly. I would rate the hotel a 5 except for two things. Our bathroom was not really clean upon arrival - hair on the floors, dirty towel. The other issue was the noise from the adjoining room. The occupant in the next room kept her TV very loud on all night. I finally broke down and called the front desk at 2:30 am. To their credit, they sent someone right up to take care of it. Our spa experience was very pleasant, and we enjoyed meals at the on-site restaurant. I would return, but definitely not in a room that had an adjoining room.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business